Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #2,146 of 2,999
If it was me and I was spending up to $100 Ideally it would be best to share your preferences for music genres and sound signature. Otherwise you’d be hoping for the best lol :)

So what kind of sound are you looking for? warm or neutral tonality, bright or dark or balanced?

Also next time we should use the earbud round up thread as this thread is mostly used for budget earbuds and most people are viewing the round up thread for the majority of recommendations especially in the premium price category.

but for now we may aswell chat here.
You're right, I think I will go ahead and move my posts over there so we don't clutter up this thread anymore. I made my initial post without really thinking about how much money I was willing to put in.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #2,147 of 2,999
Like seanc6441 advised I tried my Rx-1 with donuts and I like their bass better, but I still want a pair for boardgaming solo, I nailed down my options:

Emxs500
Yuin Pk2s
Headroom t16
**** PT15
He150 pro (I will be using a Fiio e10k, I think it's enough for them)

I would like a better sound then the rx-1 if possible for less then 25$. I was almost pulling the trigger on the he150 pro, but they are the most expensive ones and don't know if they are that better.

So I am open to suggestions too.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #2,148 of 2,999
Like seanc6441 advised I tried my Rx-1 with donuts and I like their bass better, but I still want a pair for boardgaming solo, I nailed down my options:

Emxs500
Yuin Pk2s
Headroom t16
**** PT15
He150 pro (I will be using a Fiio e10k, I think it's enough for them)

I would like a better sound then the rx-1 if possible for less then 25$. I was almost pulling the trigger on the he150 pro, but they are the most expensive ones and don't know if they are that better.

So I am open to suggestions too.

Depends on the sound you like,those on the list have different signature

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #2,150 of 2,999
I was looking for a more balanced sound, with little emphasis on the sub-bass, a little like the tinaudio t2
Ironically, I asked on the iem thread something like the he150pro but in iem form. Went for TinAudio T2 but I'm almost sure sound signature will be different. I only hope they will have the same kind of "neutral" timbre in the mids that I enjoy so much.

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #2,151 of 2,999
Ironically, I asked on the iem thread something like the he150pro but in iem form. Went for TinAudio T2 but I'm almost sure sound signature will be different. I only hope they will have the same kind of "neutral" timbre in the mids that I enjoy so much.

Lol, hope you like it, I was afraid of it being to bright, but they are perfect for me, I didn't liked the pressure of the blue foamies at first, but they give the best SQ so I ended not changing them and just get used to them. Also I found out the QKZ foams are pretty identical, so I can buy more foamies for them without spending too much.

As for the he150pro, they sound good on the smartphone? I will use them more with the fiio e10k, which I think is enough to power them, but some days I will need to use them only with my xiamoi Mi5.

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #2,152 of 2,999
I was looking for a more balanced sound, with little emphasis on the sub-bass, a little like the tinaudio t2

I've only tried the old emx500 (not the s version) and pt15 from that list, and both are different. Emx have sub bass but a bit V shaped, while the Pt15 is balanced, but not like the T2 (more like etymotic)

The closest to T2 that i've tried is the edifier H185, or if you go up a bit, the VX pro.

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #2,153 of 2,999

How's the he150 sound like?

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #2,154 of 2,999
I keep forgetting they made an HE 150 Pro version. Haven't been trying budget earbuds as much lately, so kind of falling behind the times.

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #2,156 of 2,999
How's the he150 sound like?
I only own the pro version. The highlights for me is the quality and very little coloration of the mids, the good sense of layering and the open soundstage. When used naked its kind of lean sound with smooth sub bass, slightly recessed lower midrange, upper mid range (female vocals area) a bit upped, treble has good extension and resolution imo but its kinda slow, not sparkly. i use it with nuansa p1 (1.9 Vrms) and only use the volume pot at about 25% for comfortable listening. I don't know if its a budget killer but I like them much more than the graphenes. Its decent as an all rounder, but shines on acoustic recordings in a large setting (world music, new age, some jazz)

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #2,157 of 2,999
I have a thread in the general section asking for IEM advice but realized earbuds might actually suit my taste better. I'm basically looking for a desktop use replacement for my HD600 which I unfortunately cannot use right now. I'm of course not expecting HD600 sound out of earbuds but something similar in sound signature would be nice:

- balanced / natural sound with good midrange
- spacious imaging / soundstage
- unfatiguing (will be used for hours at a time)
- for alternative rock, vocal based stuff and gaming

Any suggestions?

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #2,158 of 2,999
I have a thread in the general section asking for IEM advice but realized earbuds might actually suit my taste better. I'm basically looking for a desktop use replacement for my HD600 which I unfortunately cannot use right now. I'm of course not expecting HD600 sound out of earbuds but something similar in sound signature would be nice:

- balanced / natural sound with good midrange
- spacious imaging / soundstage
- unfatiguing (will be used for hours at a time)
- for alternative rock, vocal based stuff and gaming

Any suggestions?
Do you intend to use it with desktop dac/amp? Then the puresounds ps100 600 would work imo but its expensive.

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #2,159 of 2,999
Do you intend to use it with desktop dac/amp? Then the puresounds ps100 600 would work imo but its expensive.
Yes, DAC+AMP.
The ps100 600 is over my price range. Oddly enough I found a 150ohm version for just 15$, unless it's a fake. The fact that it shares the housing with the 150$ version seems alarming though, what's the deal with this?

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #2,160 of 2,999
Yes, DAC+AMP.
The ps100 600 is over my price range. Oddly enough I found a 150ohm version for just 15$, unless it's a fake. The fact that it shares the housing with the 150$ version seems alarming though, what's the deal with this?
150ohm is another version with different tuning/SQ. K's, SeaHF and TY HI Z also do this. I was thinking high impedance earphones would work well with a desktop setup. There is the K's 600 otherwise? But I haven't tried myself so cannot really tell. I don't know earbuds below 80usd that are truly non fatiguing sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back