Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 28, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,366 of 2,999
I actually ended up splurging on a pair of HeiGi foams. They came from amazon in a plastic bag, not in the cardboard packaging. They didn't seem to be anything special, in fact, they seemed kind of like the exact same foam you would get from any AliExpress seller with their included buds. Do I have the wrong product or are HeiGi foams really not that big of a thing everyone is hyping them up to be? They are certainly expensive.

May 28, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,367 of 2,999
I actually ended up splurging on a pair of HeiGi foams. They came from amazon in a plastic bag, not in the cardboard packaging. They didn't seem to be anything special, in fact, they seemed kind of like the exact same foam you would get from any AliExpress seller with their included buds. Do I have the wrong product or are HeiGi foams really not that big of a thing everyone is hyping them up to be? They are certainly expensive.

Doing a search on Amazon for "Hiegi Foams", the only pairs I'm seeing from Hiegi are for headphones, rather than earbuds.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_5?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hiegi+foam
Are you sure you got authentic Hiegi Foams?

May 29, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #1,368 of 2,999
May 29, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #1,369 of 2,999
Hi head-fi,

I just got my hand on Vido with mic. Is there anybody has a problem with the volume of Vido? I plugged it into my phone and the volume is quite small, I have to turn the volume control on my phone to >90% to get a clear sound. Other head-phones of mine, around 40-50% is more than enough (Edifier H185, ATH CKR70, ATH M50x, Urbanfun Hi-fi). I double checked the volume slider to maximum, and the play/stop switch to play already. Does Vido need an amp or is it just my pair? Also the play/stop switch just makes the sound ultra muddy, like a low-pass filter, it doesn't stop the sound though. I also don't like the volume slider, the 2-button volume control is more convenient imho.

Thanks in advance.

May 29, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,370 of 2,999
Banned seller diy epk1 so good after proper burn in. I'm using them more and more. Reminds me of asura 2. They do handle eq and can deliver some clean sub bass if bass boosted like crazy. Imo technically superior from nicehck diy pk2.

I use viper4android. Viperbass. Subwoofer 30hrz. 16.3db. I have a nice and balanced sound. Not veiled at all with a soft and clear bass. Low kick has actual impact. It does still sound sort of weak on techno but really good on rock or pop.

How do you find the EPK1 compares with the PK2 in terms of detail retrieval and soundstage?

I have the PK2 for 5 days now, I know it is early days and the SQ may improve in the coming weeks but I find that it does not produce enough detail and the soundstage is not so big. So I am curious about the EPK1 as it uses the same comfortable Yuin PK shells.

May 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,371 of 2,999
How do you find the EPK1 compares with the PK2 in terms of detail retrieval and soundstage?

I have the PK2 for 5 days now, I know it is early days and the SQ may improve in the coming weeks but I find that it does not produce enough detail and the soundstage is not so big. So I am curious about the EPK1 as it uses the same comfortable Yuin PK shells.

I asked a similar question and got a reply from @golov17 here.

"EPK1 is colder, more detailed, brighter, with less bass. Very good too. At the level of the new party Yuin pk3 "

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,372 of 2,999
I got my Vido today. I am on board with the J cable. I have a bit different shape right ear that with the MX housings is better with slack that doesn't pull on the right side bud. Vido is a good J with the right lengths esp. the left side is not too short. J done right and the cable is not rubbery and is a bit more slick than grippy. Well done as I have had a few that aren't as good.

Nothing new to add to the sound impressions. Just confirm they have a bit more bass than Monk but it does kick quite nicely with some feel down low. Monk bass is soft and not as tight and punchy. Mids are up with the bass and sweeter and more quality than Hi-Z 32 or monk or Qian 39. Treble is less in amount and good to crank the volume and better with brighter stuff.

In my opinion probably the best of the cheap ones. Best signature and a bit more bass quality and mids quality than the usual suspects.
:thumbsup:
My opinion exactly! The best budget earbuds period, that will please 95% of people new to the hobby!

May 29, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #1,373 of 2,999
Hi head-fi,

I just got my hand on Vido with mic. Is there anybody has a problem with the volume of Vido? I plugged it into my phone and the volume is quite small, I have to turn the volume control on my phone to >90% to get a clear sound. Other head-phones of mine, around 40-50% is more than enough (Edifier H185, ATH CKR70, ATH M50x, Urbanfun Hi-fi). I double checked the volume slider to maximum, and the play/stop switch to play already. Does Vido need an amp or is it just my pair? Also the play/stop switch just makes the sound ultra muddy, like a low-pass filter, it doesn't stop the sound though. I also don't like the volume slider, the 2-button volume control is more convenient imho.

Thanks in advance.

IMO there is something suspect about the control in the mic version yes. My 2 non-mics are louder and clearer (the the degree that upper mids are too much for me). All sources I have tried plays plenty loud for me with both types..

May 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,374 of 2,999
Hi head-fi,

Thanks in advance.
mine work like any other earbud, no need to crank to 90. Never tried the headphones you have though.

May 29, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,375 of 2,999

Epk1 my favourite. It's brighter. Airy and detailed. Like you said, im as well not very satisfied with pk2 on that matter. Sound is too sweet for me after a while... Epk1 may sounds harsh at first so need long burn in. weak bass is the only flaw.

May 30, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #1,377 of 2,999
My Vido came to me defective. It sounds hollow and distant on the S5 and it shorts out my C3, the lights keep blinking on and off. Anyone else have any weird problems with theirs?

does your's the mic version? there's a switch next to the volume slider to toggle between android and ios device.. try to switch them

May 30, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,379 of 2,999
Been almost exlusive listening to vido for the past 2 weeks. I've been using it with ve porous foam from the start. Last night I switch to original full foam and surprised with tonne amount of bass. Probably too much for me but nevertheless very impressive with few modern and edm track.

Vido lacks Bass without foam. I did not use the original ones but using the one which I got with SHE3800. Are Foams with Vido better?

May 30, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1,380 of 2,999
I use them with twin foams without EQ

Is there any earbud with DEEEEEP Bass and warmer sound? BTW, I used Vido without Mic as I don't need to return and he has shipped with Mic also. Vido is good and I liked them. Much better bass when used with foams. I am also awaiting Elecom earbuds to be delivered. I guess I should get them by this week or may be early next week. Are they with Deeeep Bass or like Vido. Hope Vido with Mic is good as I am seeing few posts that Vido Mic is not good :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back