Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 1, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,051 of 2,999
So if you had to pick top 3 SQ for money buds, which would it be? Is monk+ even on that list or should I cancel my Order?

my personal pick would be the Edifier H185, TY HiZ 32, and Toneking TP16

May 2, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,052 of 2,999
So if you had to pick top 3 SQ for money buds, which would it be? Is monk+ even on that list or should I cancel my Order?

For me, it would be

Vido
Sounds like the original Monk in my ear, doesn't give you ear fatigue and very comfortable for prolonged usage

Edifier H185
Basically everything that monk+ trying offer/ aim but it done it better... Well, except the build quality

Philips she3800
For a counterfeit item, it is surprisingly good. Also, this only cost $3 or so

May 2, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #1,054 of 2,999
Hey guys , I recommend going on Aliexpress and searching "mx500" then sorting by price (lowest to highest). Some very interesting items.

One I found was this $1.16 w free shipping earbud! lol

Also, there is a great deal on this FAAEAL 32ohm earbud which is right up there with **** emx500 earbud.

if you look up the word glylezee on aliexpress you can find a lot of OEM products, its almost tempting to buy for a bit over a dollar, photo suggest that they have a volume slider, don't have any experience with them, don't know how it might effect the overall "audio quality" :laughing:

edit, maybe I will buy it, they seem to get favorable feedback,

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #1,055 of 2,999
I have tried 32S (the red cable version, not 32?), H180, and H185, here are my impressions:

32S: Very V-shape, treble hurts my ear, mid is nowhere to be found, not sure how similar/different to the regular 32 version?
H180: Bloomy bass that leaks into the mids, not my type...
H185: V-shape, Tight and impactful bass, add a few db on equalizer and it's just right for me.

Additional ones you should consider:
Qian 39: V-shape, very similar to H185 but perhaps less impactful? Extremely comfortable fit.
Monk-Plus: Flat and smooth mid and high, lacking bass though.

Overall I would recommend H185 and Qian39, H185 is slightly less comfortable than Qian39, still better fit than Monk-Plus. Sound wise I think H185 is better.
Did you mean Boomy Bass (H180: Bloomy bass that leaks into the mids, not my type...)

May 2, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #1,056 of 2,999
Hey guys , I recommend going on Aliexpress and searching "mx500" then sorting by price (lowest to highest). Some very interesting items.

One I found was this $1.16 w free shipping earbud! lol

Also, there is a great deal on this FAAEAL 32ohm earbud which is right up there with **** emx500 earbud.

Go for this one instead: https://goo.gl/qjK5E4

I used it. However, I bought with other seller and other name but it is the same. Good Bass and overall good sound. With Mic too.

May 2, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1,057 of 2,999

Problem with Monk+ is that it has slightly bigger speakers so might not be good fit in your ears. 2nd thing, it lacks bass. But overall sound is no bad. However, Mic stopped working in my case so it is useless for me. I can gift it to you to try if you want :)

May 2, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #1,058 of 2,999
Ok, my last Vido post for a while, I promise, I just love them so much.

NiceHCK DIY Earbud: goo.gl/GXGoso

The NiceHCK version seems to have a better 3.5mm plug than any other Vido I own.

P1090233.jpg

May 2, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,061 of 2,999
Better plug are always welcomed. BTW my vido is already in the next town. I'm surprised tracking is working up to in my country. Usually cheap China post packet don't have that kind of tracking. However im a bit concerned because I had to wait for them to arrived since i need to sign tracked item. Untracked item just get tossed into mailbox.

I'm not a morning person :D

May 2, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,063 of 2,999
Problem with Monk+ is that it has slightly bigger speakers so might not be good fit in your ears. 2nd thing, it lacks bass. But overall sound is no bad. However, Mic stopped working in my case so it is useless for me. I can gift it to you to try if you want :)

Out of curiosity how o you mean gift it to try? The logistics of the proposition, that is.

By the by, has anyone here experienced any crosstalk/hiss/buzz/interference from Monk+ Edifier H185, Vido, and other favorites which have a mic/controller, which I assume is the source?

More people feel free to list your top 3 buds. I don't think I'm gonna cancel the Monk+ order though maybe I should cancel the added icontroller option on one of the orders, if not flat out cancel one of them and keep the vanilla M+. Anyway since the two of you really like the Edifier H185 I might place an order on those, would you suggest Amazon for that?

Ot/don't have adequate privileges to post in feedback, so I'll store this here for later.
I wish there was a poll listing function embedded so that continuously people could poll each other and they would be archived, feel like the forum needs an advanced search and indexing system. A dark theme would be nice as well, maybe there is, idk, seems that the quality of interpersonal conduct is something to be modeled after, if that's a concept, what I mean is, people on this forum seem cool as popsicles compared to most of the net.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,064 of 2,999
Out of curiosity how o you mean gift it to try? The logistics of the proposition, that is.

By the by, has anyone here experienced any crosstalk/hiss/buzz/interference from Monk+ Edifier H185, Vido, and other favorites which have a mic/controller, which I assume is the source?

More people feel free to list your top 3 buds. I don't think I'm gonna cancel the Monk+ order though maybe I should cancel the added icontroller option on one of the orders, if not flat out cancel one of them and keep the vanilla M+. Anyway since the two of you really like the Edifier H185 I might place an order on those, would you suggest Amazon for that?

Ot/don't have adequate privileges to post in feedback, so I'll store this here for later.
I wish there was a poll listing function embedded so that continuously people could poll each other and they would be archived, feel like the forum needs an advanced search and indexing system. A dark theme would be nice as well, maybe there is, idk, seems that the quality of interpersonal conduct is something to be modeled after, if that's a concept, what I mean is, people on this forum seem cool as popsicles compared to most of the net.

Monk+ is not bad at all as I mentioned earlier. Depends on your taste, you might like it. Edifier 180 is better than 185 that's what I heard. Did not use any of them. I am using SHE3800 which is very good. One more you can try which is good: https://goo.gl/795UK1

May 2, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1,065 of 2,999

Gifting you the buds was just on a lighter note so pls don't take that otherwise. But this is also true that I won't mind giving it to try as mic is not working and it is of no use for me now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back