Absolute best budget earbuds?
Sep 6, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #16 of 2,999
IMHO, Philips SHE3800 (3.21 US$ shipped worldwide).

To my ears, these have got a balanced sound signature with a tinge of warmth and more than decent clarity + detail retrieval.

From my collection of cheap earbuds, it goes like this -->> SHE3800 (works pretty well on all music genres and very easy to drive) > RX1 (vocal-centric) > TY HI-Z 32 (clarity and treble focus) > Monk (warm sounding and at times bit too boomy) > SHE1360/97 (airier of the all but very hard to drive)

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #17 of 2,999
I prefer ty 32 more than monk+. By a wide margin. Of course monk+ is airier. Some of my friends listened and prefer monk+ juts for the extra air. But as a whole package I said ty is better. I wonder how the slightly pricier seahf 32 compares.

BTW. How much is the price limit considered budget? 20 bucks max?

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #18 of 2,999
I prefer ty 32 more than monk+. By a wide margin. Of course monk+ is airier. Some of my friends listened and prefer monk+ juts for the extra air. But as a whole package I said ty is better. I wonder how the slightly pricier seahf 32 compares.

BTW. How much is the price limit considered budget? 20 bucks max?

I agree with you re. Hi-Z vs Monk+.

I would suggest up to $10, there are quite a few in that price range.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #19 of 2,999

To my ears, these have got a balanced sound signature with a tinge of warmth and more than decent clarity + detail retrieval.

From my collection of cheap earbuds, it goes like this -->> SHE3800 (works pretty well on all music genres and very easy to drive) > RX1 (vocal-centric) > TY HI-Z 32 (clarity and treble focus) > Monk (warm sounding and at times bit too boomy) > SHE1360/97 (airier of the all but very hard to drive)

where can i find the philips she3800, i searched in google, it showed some iem.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #20 of 2,999
Quote:

Just got mine, my initial impressions accord with yours.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #21 of 2,999
  where can i find the philips she3800, i searched in google, it showed some iem.

I got mine from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262596814437

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #22 of 2,999
its around 5 pounds + some shipping fee here, well i will check my ty hiz first then see if i really need another earbud.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #24 of 2,999
Thanks bro, but do you have monk + and TY hiz 32. If so before pulling the trigger, what advantages does these have over those two, do these have better clarity or soundstage or bass, mids tribble etc. Because i don't want to have too many earbuds, two budget kings with different sounds are enough, unless these are one same level and provide something different.

Thanks again brother.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #25 of 2,999
  Thanks bro, but do you have monk + and TY hiz 32. If so before pulling the trigger, what advantages does these have over those two, do these have better clarity or soundstage or bass, mids tribble etc. Because i don't want to have too many earbuds, two budget kings with different sounds are enough, unless these are one same level and provide something different.

Thanks again brother.

Yes, I do have TY Hi-Z 32 but I have got only original Monk. I prefer the sound signature of Philips SHE3800 over both of them. To me, it's kind of having best of both worlds (fun sounding yet very clear and capable of producing great details).

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #26 of 2,999

Thanks again brother.

Yes, I have both. Here is a brief summary of my preferences:

Bass
Hi-Z > Monk+

Lower mids
Hi-Z > Monk+

Higher mids
Hi-Z = Monk+

Treble
Monk+ > Hi-Z

Soundstage
Hi-Z >> Monk+

Comfort
Hi-Z = Monk+

Source
Hi-res youtube recordings on laptop with PEACE EQ

Music (eg)
Bowie, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Yeasayer, Tame Impala, Chemical Brothers

I shall add my findings for SHE3800 in a few days.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #27 of 2,999
Great, expecting ty to rock, its been 20 days since i ordered it from some guy selling cheap in aliexpress. ahhh the wait. guess i will be adding the philips too. its cheap so no biggie. Awaiting your impressions on the she3800. thanks mebaali , seems like a quite and balanced from these two.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #28 of 2,999
  Great, expecting ty to rock, its been 20 days since i ordered it from some guy selling cheap in aliexpress. ahhh the wait. guess i will be adding the philips too. its cheap so no biggie. Awaiting your impressions on the she3800. thanks mebaali , seems like a quite and balanced from these two.

Hope it matches with your musical preferences 
beerchug.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #29 of 2,999
I tried the TY Hi-Z 32 and directly compare it to my Monk+ for a few minutes, I think it depend on the sound sig, I prefer the more balanced, warmer Monk+for daily and the TY does have slightly better detail with more treble focus. For looks I prefer the Monk with its transparent enclosure, cable is both so-so
Both are still trumped by the Tomahawk with its clarity, felt like some veil is lifted off when I move on to the MrZ

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #30 of 2,999
I tried the TY Hi-Z 32 and directly compare it to my Monk+ for a few minutes, I think it depend on the sound sig, I prefer the more balanced, warmer Monk+for daily and the TY does have slightly better detail with more treble focus. For looks I prefer the Monk with its transparent enclosure, cable is both so-so
Both are still trumped by the Tomahawk with its clarity, felt like some veil is lifted off when I move on to the MrZ

Quite with you with TY vs Tomahawk, But TY creeping into hawk territory more and more lately.. at work I use mostly TY. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back