Abrahamsen V6 DAC
Apr 10, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #182 of 204
link

I didn't send them an email, but it says "special offer for international customers"
and the price is in $ and €.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #183 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by soberspine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
link

I didn't send them an email, but it says "special offer for international customers"
and the price is in $ and €.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sweet!
...and Musikklink just happen to be located 3.5km (less than 2 miles) from where I live, without me being aware of them. Guess I will need to drop by one of these days.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #184 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet!
...and Musikklink just happen to be located 3.5km (less than 2 miles) from where I live, without me being aware of them. Guess I will need to drop by one of these days.

your thoughts will be very welcome...
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #185 of 204
I'm know another proud owner of a V6 DAC!!!

I would like to confirm a few things with you.

What is the highest resolution admissible via UBS? 48kHz / 24Bit?

What is the highest resolution admissible via SP/DIF (Toslink and/or RCA)? 192kHz / 24Bit?

Wich would be the best way you'd recommend to connect this DAC?

I can connect it via any of it's input.

It seems to me that using a 75Ohm digital coax cable would be the best way to avoid jitter.

By the way does anyone know if the V6 DAC does any kind of re-clocking to avoid jitter? Is is assyncronous?

Cheers,

Happy listenings.

Tiff

PS: I'm still on SE outputs... although I'll be switching to XLR soon. As anyone experienced what's been claimed? That SE vs XLR, SE sound Flat?

Sep 30, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #190 of 204

Per Abrahamsen (Google translate):
It's discovered a "phenomenon" in connection with the selection of inputs on individual V6.0. The sound can sometimes be seen as "woolly and weird." By selecting a different input or switch the product and the problem disappears. After thorough research on the problem, it turns out that the problem lies in up-sampling circuit is provided by Crystal. This becomes unstable when the input changes. A search on the internet, it turns out that all other users of this circuit has the same problem.

To solve the problem for those customers who experience this, we have developed a new up-sampler / DAC card with the same sound but no problems.

In V6.0 is up-sampler / DAC card as a plug-in cards without soldering, which can easily be replaced by the user.

The card will be available from approx. 01.07.2010 and will be free.

Those who do not want to open and switch itself, will naturally be able to send V6.0 to us for the replay.

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #191 of 204
I have encountered the problem mentioned. I was one of the first who got this new card. And my impression is that the dac become even better. Word is out  about a 32 bit/192Khz  upgrade for the V6.0

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #193 of 204
An email sent via the manufacturer website got a response that a new board was on the way - free. A few days later in turned up. The old board is on the left

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #194 of 204
I have encountered the problem mentioned. I was one of the first who got this new card. And my impression is that the dac become even better. Word is out  about a 32 bit/192Khz  upgrade for the V6.0

Any more news on those 32-bit/192kHz rumors and their origin? I have the same DAC and can't recall any words on that upgrade on Norwegian AV-forums.

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #195 of 204

krmathis said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, Per Abrahamsen was one of the founders of Electrocompaniet about 30 years back. In the spring of 2004 Electrocompaniet were officially bankrupt. The rights to Electrocompaniet were later sold to and revived by the company Westcontrol.

Since then Per Abrahamsen has started a new business called Abrahamsen, where the products surprisingly (or not) look a lot like the Electrocompaniet ones.
The Electrocompaniet ECD1 as a comparison:
ecd1%5B1%5D_002.jpeg

For those who understand norwegian there are some nice readings of the history to be found here: AVforum.no - Vis ett enkelt innlegg - Sammenhengen mellom Electrocompaniet og Abrahamsen!

Thanks for your instruction! Now I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back