Above & Beyond, FiiO 2019 Spring Launch Event, March 16, Music Player, Amplifier, Earphones, Accessories
Mar 16, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #274 of 460
That FH7 looks great but it's a bit more expensive than I was expecting it to be. I've bought the FH5 day one blindly with no reviews and I was pleasantly surprised. For these I'll wait for some reviews first. At twice the price better sound good.

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #276 of 460
Very good products to launch Fiio with a very cool design. There is one thing I do not understand, what is the BTR5? Why is there a picture that says: M5 or BTR5?
The M5 is the small player but the BTR5 is it?

There is no BTR5. It would've been the BTR5, but then FiiO decided to stick a display on it and give it full DAP functionality...which then made it the M5

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #279 of 460
@FiiO - I would like to know the stereo separation/crosstalk specs for M11, single-ended and balanced.

Also, can the digital filter be selected or has FiiO chosen just one (and which one) ?

Can digital filtering be disabled when using as a USB DAC so upsampling can be done on the transport instead?

Is there more than one custom EQ so we can have different setups for different headphones or different music?

Thanks. Nice looking product!

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #280 of 460
There is no BTR5. It would've been the BTR5, but then FiiO decided to stick a display on it and give it full DAP functionality...which then made it the M5

I went back to see the previous pages and had not seen the full images. Here it says that there is BTR5 and it is the same design as the M5 but without a screen, only the Fiio logo that has LED to indicate the Bluetooth CODEC. Is it like that or am I wrong?

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #281 of 460
I went back to see the previous pages and had not seen the full images. Here it says that there is BTR5 and it is the same design as the M5 but without a screen, only the Fiio logo that has LED to indicate the Bluetooth CODEC. Is it like that or am I wrong?

If you look back you can find a text where they say that the real name of the unit is the M5. So there is no BTR5, only an M5 - which is a bluetooth receiver, transmitter and small DAP rolled into one.

I'm really impressed by all of this stuff, except the cable. I mean, FiiO makes nice cables but a cable is a cable. But the other items are all impressive. I mean, a 13.6 millimeter dynamic beryllium driver... I can't wait for some FH7 reviews. It's probably still too expensive for me but still. People often throw around the idea that some Chinese made IEM can go toe to toe with Audio64 and other $1000+ IEMs... maybe we'll actually see that this time. I really want reviews of this.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #282 of 460
If you look back you can find a text where they say that the real name of the unit is the M5. So there is no BTR5, only an M5 - which is a bluetooth receiver, transmitter and small DAP rolled into one.

I'm really impressed by all of this stuff, except the cable. I mean, FiiO makes nice cables but a cable is a cable. But the other items are all impressive. I mean, a 13.6 millimeter dynamic beryllium driver... I can't wait for some FH7 reviews. It's probably still too expensive for me but still. People often throw around the idea that some Chinese made IEM can go toe to toe with Audio64 and other $1000+ IEMs... maybe we'll actually see that this time. I really want reviews of this.
I understand, thanks for clarifying it.
The truth for what it offers is a very good purchase, safely costing between 100-150, since the M6 sells for 200.
Just what I was looking for since the M3K did not convince me.

Mar 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #284 of 460
The FH7 is really interesting. I like the FH5 so much, I'm already thinking to purchase the new flagship blind. Can't wait for it to hit the stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back