About to Purchase Denon AHD2000's
Feb 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #16 of 63

Quote:
Oh the volume is plenty fine, i've just personally noticed a slightly more taught bass response and slightly more pronounced mids with high gain on.
Sounds crazy but its what I've noticed. I suppose the extra current helps the dampening of the relatively large driver.

Eh, I fiddled around with it a bit last night, but it seemed like any change was just due to the change in volume that happened when I toggled the gain switch.  As soon as I leveled the volume, it sounded the same either way.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #18 of 63

Quote:
Evn if it's a lossless file there's no difference with a dac if I use the LOD etc. and do you think the e11 is worth the money?

Correct, the LOD bypasses the amp, but not the DAC.

As for the E11, it's a good amp for the money, but the D2000s don't necessarily need it.  It might improve the sound a bit, but don't be surprised if it doesn't do much.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #20 of 63

Would getting wood cups or an e7 amp be a better idea than e11

Wood cups yes, E7 no.  The wood cups will cost about 4x what the E11 does though, and for that amount, I'd recommend getting a good amp and DAC for home use.

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #27 of 63

Quote:
how much sound on full volume? as bad as ****ty ipod headphones

Not nearly as much as ipod earbuds, that's for sure.  They're decent at blocking outside noise - better than ipod buds and open headphones, not as good as IEMs or headphones with more clamping force - but they aren't going to block airplane engine noise, if that's what you're looking for.  Leakage out isn't too bad - with music playing around my normal listening volume and clamped around a CD wallet I can faintly hear some sounds, but only if it's dead quiet and I'm listening for it.  My watch ticks louder, tbh.

You'll get better isolation in and out from tighter-clamping headphones (i.e. DT770s), but the D2000s won't be a problem to use in public.  They don't stay on your head very well though, so I wouldn't recommend using them for any sort of active pursuits.  Walking around is about as much as they can handle without falling off.

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #29 of 63

Quote:
I listen to rock like  pink floyd and the who and led zepplin and the police. I plan on getting an e11 but was wondering if anyone recomends a DAC or diffrent headphone.

The Denon is great for that. Well, great for all genres frankly.

A good DAC/AMP would be the Dzero, E7, etc, if you want portability. For home usage, the E10 is fantastic for it's cost. If you don't need a DAC but just want a portable amp and the ability to have some fun, look into a Digizoid ZO2.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back