About to lose my EFFING MIND
Feb 8, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #16 of 30
Sorry to hear that.  What is the next course of action?  Really though, they need to issue a refund or send a new unit.  Game over.  It's not really up for debate at this point.

Quote:
  I tried it in a DVD player and the noise was a lot louder. Only in the right ear cup though.

Oh my god this is rustling my jimmies

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #18 of 30
Do you have some sort of magnetic source somewhere near the Magni? If so, then this is the source of your problem.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #19 of 30
I would just be extra polite.  A well written letter that clearly states everything they tried to do and how you've tested it in a number of different ways with the same outcome.  It isn't the board which would indicate to me that is now worth it to them to just send a new unit.   

It is probably worth sending an email to Jason and if that doesn't work try posting to the Magni thread.  He may frequent that board a lot.  I'm not sure.  

Good luck, I know I've been frustrated at times with expensive repairs in this hobby.

Quote:
  Last time I sent it away they said that they replaced the main board inside the magni

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #20 of 30
I'll just send him an email saying I've tried everything and sent the unit away three times and I still have the noise. I'll tell him I just want to be get rid of the ******* wretched noise, even if I have to buy new gear. I just want it gone

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #21 of 30
  I'll just send him an email saying I've tried everything and sent the unit away three times and I still have the noise. I'll tell him I just want to be get rid of the ******* wretched noise, even if I have to buy new gear. I just want it gone

Have you tried this?
  Do you have some sort of magnetic source somewhere near the Magni? If so, then this is the source of your problem.

I used to have the same problem when I put my phone / tablet somewhere nearby the amp.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #22 of 30

Have you tried this?

I used to have the same problem when I put my phone / tablet somewhere nearby the amp.

My setup is kind of near the same area as my wireless router but even after I've moved my setup to another location in the house and unplugged the router I still get the interference/noise

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #23 of 30
  My setup is kind of near the same area as my wireless router but even after I've moved my setup to another location in the house and unplugged the router I still get the interference/noise

Do you stack the Magni on top/bellow the Modi? If so, did you use the rubber feet included with them?

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #25 of 30
I hate to break this to you, but I guess in this case it would be best for you to try to get a refund like others have suggested and then get a new amp.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #26 of 30
  I hate to break this to you, but I guess in this case it would be best for you to try to get a refund like others have suggested and then get a new amp.

Do you experience anything at all with your magni? Static noise in the right ear cup, or sound when you move the volume pot at all?

Honestly I kind of like the Vali... If I can be guaranteed that it will work properly I would order one.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #27 of 30
This reminds me of hobbiests who spend a weekend attempting to get an operating system running.

If it takes more time than a clean install, then it's a waste of time, money and resources.

The OP exceeded this point long ago.

Return, refund, buy something else. Move on.

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #28 of 30
I would look at an O2 amp if you plan on returning it, which seems like that's the only thing you can do at this point.  

honestly a cheap cmoy amp would be more than enough to drive the 598s beautifully.

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #29 of 30

Do you experience anything at all with your magni? Static noise in the right ear cup, or sound when you move the volume pot at all?

Honestly I kind of like the Vali... If I can be guaranteed that it will work properly I would order one.

I never have any problem with my Magni.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #30 of 30
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Schiit Vali since they're giving me a refund on the magni.

Cheers... Here's to mental integrity and many hours of gaming/music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back