About to go insane.
Jan 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

invrlose

Head-Fier
My audio setup is Custombuilt PC>USB>Modi>Magni>Sennheiser HD 598

My setup is producing an infernal noise in the right ear cup. It's like static interference that goes up and down in pitch and stops when I make physical contact with my magni. It does it to different headphones. I have hooked up exclusively to my modi and the sound was not reproduced. I have tried different USB cables. I have sent my magni back to schiit TWICE. And it came back not working each time.

What. The. ****. Do. I. Do. To. Get. Rid. Of. This. Noise.

Seriously I am about to throw my audio gear out the window

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Jiggle the USB on the computer side...you may have a crappy port that is not grounding correctly.  Try a different USB port, try a different usb cable.  almost definite its a crappy usb port on your computer.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 9
get a Mac pro :p

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Hey mate - 

It's possibly a grounding issue, or interference with your power from another appliance on the same circuit. 

I know it's annoying, but move your setup to a different room (make sure it's not the same circuit) and try it again - 

let us know if it's still happening. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 9
You could try this:

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/iUSB.html

Never used one, but I've read they work well if you're using something that needs USB power.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 9
I had the same issue, two different Magnis.

Try a different end into the Magni, I had an expensive extension (Cardas) into mine and was also getting noise, used a cheap two foot extension laying around and noise was instantly gone.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 9
Cables and plugs - always check with different cables as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back