1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

About to go insane.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by invrlose, Jan 17, 2014.
  1. invrlose
    My audio setup is Custombuilt PC>USB>Modi>Magni>Sennheiser HD 598

My setup is producing an infernal noise in the right ear cup. It's like static interference that goes up and down in pitch and stops when I make physical contact with my magni. It does it to different headphones. I have hooked up exclusively to my modi and the sound was not reproduced. I have tried different USB cables. I have sent my magni back to schiit TWICE. And it came back not working each time.

What. The. ****. Do. I. Do. To. Get. Rid. Of. This. Noise.

Seriously I am about to throw my audio gear out the window

2. SP Wild
    Jiggle the USB on the computer side...you may have a crappy port that is not grounding correctly.  Try a different USB port, try a different usb cable.  almost definite its a crappy usb port on your computer.

3. invrlose
    This happened with my old computer as well as the new one that I built myself, with multiple USB cables.

4. Lorspeaker
    get a Mac pro :p

5. invrlose
    Why....?

6. White Lotus
    Hey mate - 

It's possibly a grounding issue, or interference with your power from another appliance on the same circuit. 

I know it's annoying, but move your setup to a different room (make sure it's not the same circuit) and try it again - 

let us know if it's still happening. 

7. revolutionz
    You could try this:

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/iUSB.html

Never used one, but I've read they work well if you're using something that needs USB power.

8. Fearless1
    I had the same issue, two different Magnis.

Try a different end into the Magni, I had an expensive extension (Cardas) into mine and was also getting noise, used a cheap two foot extension laying around and noise was instantly gone.

9. Koolpep
    Cables and plugs - always check with different cables as well....