AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant
Mar 18, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #37 of 212
Based on our testing for iOS 10.3 beta, Apple has cut off support for USB OTG, which means most usb based DAC solutions may no longer be useable on Apple products once the formal update is rolled out.

As Accessport and Capri is LAM based and MFI certified, we will not be affected by this change.

Most hacked lightning audio solutions, such lightning earphones and earphone cables may also be affected. Do avoid purchasing non-MFI certified lightning audio products at all cost.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #39 of 212
Has anyone heard whether the Capri is still on track to ship this month? 

Kevin told me (during CanJam SG) that it might ship earlier, on target month - versus as to what was mentioned in one of their updates - he said he found one supplier who can supply the chips at an earlier date. But they have not confirmed this publicly so we are all in the dark - almost going into the last week of March and hopefully we hear something from them.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #40 of 212
Just seen this. Looks perfect on paper as my CIEMs have a right-angled connected and having to use the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter makes for an awkward set-up, plus I'm not confident about the robustness of the adapter long-term. My MG6 Pros use the bog standard 2 pin so good to go.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #41 of 212
Got an update today.

Quote:
Dear Backers!

We are pleased to inform you we have finally received the critical components such as LAM and lightning connector from Apple. A small batch of them is already on the way to SMT facility for test PCBA production run. Once we receive them, a test assembly run and further quality checks will performed. All of the above will be done in the first half of April and we expect formally entering mass production by mid April.

We are all excited as the finishing line is fast approaching. We appreciate all your patience and support. Further updates will be posted as the production progresses.

Thank you!

AAW Team

They have designed and ordered the packaging in bulk too.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #42 of 212
Dear Backers!

So it starts, we are running test production for Capri today! Here we bring you some live action of the SMT process.

1. Examine the printed circuit board and silicone coat the solder pad
l7iajk2t8nnkfl489eqn.jpg

2. Array of processed PCB 
jsvjkiewppsrdur9or5g.jpg

3. The SMT machine
d1pkm09cjwosmkbcd1qs.jpg

4. Program the SMT process
r3zj04gmecqr14yquqhx.jpg

5. See the mounting in action
Watch on YouTube
5. Examine and test the RC component mounted
xknwyx4qoxblyarnvo3h.jpg

Next will be mounting the LAM and key control chips, stay tuned for more updates!

AAW Team

YT vid if the link doesn't work.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #43 of 212
After a recommendation from Somnambulist, I am proud to become backer #1048! Haha! Better late then never. 

Any idea how long it will take to produce a thousand cables? :wink: I love that video of the SMT machine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back