A900s really lacking in bass?
May 16, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT
I never said that they sound the same, they probably don't. But that difference might not because of the drivers. No point of designing a new driver (diaphragm actually) for a short run of headphones and not to resuse it in another, not limited/special/exceptional edition model, especially if the design was so successfull. I bet most of the difference comes from that extra separate ground wire they run and some from different materials on the pads. I never had A500 but my understanding that A500 drivers *are* different from A900.
There is no point to argue, you like LTD edition sound and that what should be most important to you. If you believe the drivers are different they probaly are, for you. But not for me. I saw the pictures and read impressions of people who actually happened to open both drivers. If you have some other proofs besides that ad, like side by side photos of two diaphragms that you can share, we'll all appreciate that.

Thank you.

You didn't respond to my post...
tongue.gif
. I pointed out that at least I personally can't identify HD600 drivers from HD650 drivers by eye. We KNOW they are different though. That doesn't speak for the A900, but visually drivers can look the same and yet be constructed differently.

May 16, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
You didn't respond to my post...
tongue.gif
. I pointed out that at least I personally can't identify HD600 drivers from HD650 drivers by eye. We KNOW they are different though. That doesn't speak for the A900, but visually drivers can look the same and yet be constructed differently.

Didn't I say "opened"?

May 16, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

I never said that they sound the same, they probably don't. But that difference might not because of the drivers. No point of designing a new driver (diaphragm actually) for a short run of headphones and not to resuse it in another, not limited/special/exceptional edition model, especially if the design was so successfull. I bet most of the difference comes from that extra separate ground wire they run and some from different materials on the pads. I never had A500 but my understanding that A500 drivers *are* different from A900.
There is no point to argue, you like LTD edition sound and that what should be most important to you. If you believe the drivers are different they probaly are, for you. But not for me. I saw the pictures and read impressions of people who actually happened to open both drivers. If you have some other proofs besides that ad, like side by side photos of two diaphragms that you can share, we'll all appreciate that.

Thank you.

Agreed.... BTW.. The link you provided before was based on comparision between L3000's driver's with A900LTD's drivers. I heard most people specially at other chinese and japanese forums discussing that AT's are using L3000's driver in A900LTD's. And that was my thread and and my post where you can see photographs of L3000's and A900LTD's driver's side by side and there is not any A900's driver photograph AFAIK.

May 16, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Didn't I say "opened"?

Not sure what you're getting at there. Of course, when I say compared by eye, I am referring to the drivers when completely removed from their housings and disassembled, as I assume you are also in reference to the A900.

May 16, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #51 of 54
Alright, mystery has been solved.
I just stole my roommate's ipod and plugged my A900s in there. There's definetely quite a lot of bass there.
basshead.gif

I can't believe I've been missing this all this long, for the year or so I've had the headphones. I haven't used them for my main listening tasks (used speakers), but wow.

May 16, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borky
I just stole my roommate's ipod and plugged my A900s in there. There's definetely quite a lot of bass there.
basshead.gif

I can't believe I've been missing this all this long, for the year or so I've had the headphones. I haven't used them for my main listening tasks (used speakers), but wow.

Now enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

And sorry for hijacking this thread for A900LTD vs. A900 discussion.
icon10.gif

May 16, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

I guess it's time to get an amp.
I haven't been able to decide between the LDM+, LDII, and PAV2. Anyone think to offer any suggestions?

They sound great with PA2V2. I use it with my computer.

May 16, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

basshead.gif

The chaintech sounds alot better than an iPod, that'll be another WOW
basshead.gif
for you when you get your amp.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back