A900's in today!
Mar 1, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by OakIris
I'm tempted to buy them just because they're so pretty! (Are they really blue, or is that just the lighting?)

People seem to compare them favorably with the Sony CD3000s, which is another headphone I would like to try. And the A900s are a lot cheaper, so that is definitely a plus for me. I have a pair of the ATH-W1000s. Would the A900s be a disappointment?

Don't know why I want so many different pairs of headphones....almost seems that I'm more into collecting than listening, which isn't a good thing.
rolleyes.gif

Haha, it's ok to consider beauty when there is already beauty on the inside... or something like that.

A900s will not dissapoint the majority of people who read these boards. I auditioned them a while back and thought they were very solid cans. I can't really say I don't have a bias towards CD3000 but I will truly say that there is a significant difference between A900s and more expensive phones such as the CD3000. Its all about what you can bare... and if you can live knowing that you only have 2nd best... well whatever floats your boat!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 50
I'd buy a cd3000 right now, if it wasn't for one fact - that I'm investing in what may turn out to be an expensive paper-weight. Sony's washed their hands of this headphone. How sad...

Mar 1, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #19 of 50
What's more to see? They look like they do in the pro shots and in the other pics shown here. They are really as cool looking as that...

Mar 1, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #20 of 50
Here here, to what blipblop said. I'm very interested in the CD3k, but not if Sony has discontinued them, and support would be dead. If I buy CD3k, it means my upgrading days are done (for a month or two, at least
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #22 of 50
I've had the CD3000's, and now the A900's. I enjoy the A900's more that I did the CD3000's.
Some people like the AT W2002's better that they do R10's. It's more inportant to find the right combo of headphone, amp, source, IC's that sound good together, that it is to spend the most amount of money.

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #23 of 50
if you want pictures, i think bangraman is the guy you should PM, if im not mistaken, he posted some pictures of A900... and i was on the other thread a guy posted his A900 with the box when he just received it. cant remember where though... just search...

Mar 2, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I've got a pic (from bangraman) of the A900 and A1000 here ...just don't overload that site!!

That photo of the A900 is very close to what the blue cups look like in real life.

Mar 2, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by dijohn
it's now one full week and audiocubes shows my a900's still processing. what's with this place?

How did you pay for them? If it's a money order, it's normal for it to take over a week to process. If you used a Credit Card, that's a problem. E-mail Kohn, info@audiocubes.com with your order number and ask why there is a holdup.

Mar 2, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #30 of 50
Ordered mine the 25th and not a clue about whats going on or when its being shipped.

I assume the delay is getting it from Japan.. but who knows.

I also used a credit card.. think I'll shoot them an email and see what's up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back