A900's in today!
Feb 29, 2004 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

blux

100+ Head-Fier
I was very suprised to get a package because its sunday afternoon!

You really dont realize how big these cans are until you put them on, in your hands they kind of look big, but when you put them on and look in the mirror... hahhaha!

They sound pretty good right out of the ipod, comfortable, I can feel that I have them on, they weigh more than say, the bose triports. I like these!

I ordered them on the 18th and got them today, slow if you ask me compared to some people who got them in 4 or 5 days. They didnt have any in stock at the time, they shipped on the 26th.

I would suggest ordering these, the quality is amazing, the cord is wrapped, plug is very nice, especially they way it screws into the 1/4 inch adapter, very cool indeed!

Just thought I would let you know about my new cans!
wink.gif
we need an A900 smilie!

-Brad

Feb 29, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 50
Listening to my A900, right now. Wonderful. To think I actually bought these before the bandwagon began.......I don't usually do that, as I often am one to jump on the bandwagon.
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 50
a900wear.jpg

You took some convincing I seem to recall, Superbaldguy. Snug and quite compact on my head. Well, compact compared to the CD3000... Enjoy. You've got something that I think is still the best general purpose closed home phone under $200.

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 50
...and I'm really looking forward to getting them. So far, according to AC.. my order is still processing.
rolleyes.gif

Enjoy your new cans, Blux.. (cant wait to get mine in)
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 50
Hey bangraman,

Maybe it did take me a bit of convincing, but it seems that *everyone* has a set of A900's since I got mine over a year ago. I think there's a bit of snobbish appeal owning something very few others do.

Maybe I need a set of R10's.
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
a900wear.jpg

You took some convincing I seem to recall, Superbaldguy. Snug and quite compact on my head. Well, compact compared to the CD3000... Enjoy. You've got something that I think is still the best general purpose closed home phone under $200.

Your head makes the A900 look normal!
wink.gif

Many thanks to all of you for helping me find a good pair!

As soon as I find the cable for my digital camera I will take some pictures of these beasts..

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 50
Awesome blux, I'm planning to order the A900's soon as well. I really like how they sound and right now, from using the CD780, which I hear is pretty similar to the A900, just a few steps down, I can't wait to actually own a pair of the A900's.

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #10 of 50
I have lucky enough to own both of these headphones and there's not much to pick between them, but I find the CD780's to be a bit more comfortable and better for relaxing cans. The cord on the 780's is detachable and replaceable, which is nice.

Feb 29, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 50
I'm tempted to buy them just because they're so pretty! (Are they really blue, or is that just the lighting?)

People seem to compare them favorably with the Sony CD3000s, which is another headphone I would like to try. And the A900s are a lot cheaper, so that is definitely a plus for me. I have a pair of the ATH-W1000s. Would the A900s be a disappointment?

Don't know why I want so many different pairs of headphones....almost seems that I'm more into collecting than listening, which isn't a good thing.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 50
A900's are awesome headphones that I would reccommend to anybody anyday. Bangraman's head is abnormally large
biggrin.gif
because the A900's are huge monsters. Go get them if you wan phones that are just a few steps below them cd3000'S

Mar 1, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #14 of 50
I'm on the bandwagon by accident. I wanted an affordable phone that was easily driven, had good bass slam, and didn't require me to spend hundreds to upgrade my source and amp. After reading many reviews, I felt the A900 would do the job. So far so good
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by dijohn
ordered my a900's on the 23rd, still says processing. any feedback on how long this may take ?

It depends. I used Paypal on the 18th, and it took 4 days for the order to process. Got the phones on the 26th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back