A very crude ( some may say uninformed ) summary of Denon AH-D310 headphones
Aug 1, 2011 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DonCarr

Head-Fier
Well I've spent enough time browsing these forums , I thought I might as well make a small contribution considering there is minimum info on them in Head Fi.

I picked up these head phones for the cheap price of £20 so I wasn't expecting much, the highest end headphones I have owned being the Grado SR- 80. I have tried and demoed numerous sets, but evidently I am not the most qualified to speak!

I will not pretend to be an audio expert , so please bare with me whilst I give a summary as best I can of my initial, week long impression.

For twenty quid, I am extremely impressed. I find the sound pleasing and together, harmonious and easy to listen to for long periods.

In honesty the low end is quite soft they are there, but not overly defined, however the sharp bits are just that, crystal clear and at the front ( I really hope that makes sense) . There is a pleasing, though not distracting amount of soundscape, ie they don't sound like gimmiky surround sound gizmos .Vocals and instruments come from a spaced, convincing and again satisfying position ( In comparison, I was often distracted by the Grado's  for questioning the separation and space between the track's various elements )

I don't want to ramble, but I am listening to them as I type and I really am very happy, for a cheap set of cans they are very warm and enveloping. The highs really stand out in a good, goosebump - inducing kind of way, the lows are soft but at the same time still coherent. Having listened to many Sennheiser sets and finding them quite stark in their detail, I am reassured by the overall mellow feel .

In conclusion, for those looking for a super sharp and dynamic experience, I think it would be obvious to look elsewhere and explore other sets recommended on this forum. However  if you have a bit of pocket money and want a pair of headphones to fall asleep listening to, whilst preserving a sense of quality, musical interrogatory, you could do worse than adding these to your collection- for those times when you are sleepy and want to mellow out :)

I have listened to a mixture of  Soul, Jazz, Classical , House / Electronica  and a little bit of Indie Folk on a mixture of my Mobile Phone ,PC based music server, and a mid 90's seperate system, the music being varying bit rates of MP3, CD and Vinyl 

Hope this helps and sorry if it wasn't the best of summary! :/

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 8
A nice little review this one, thank you for that! Came in handy as I´m considering a pair of cheap Denons. 

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Also, ahem. Methinks Denon was older than Sennheiser, according to their 100-years anniversary site anyway...

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #7 of 8
The OEM for Denon is Foster, world's largest small diaphragm producer and parent company of Fostex.

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back