A Thread Covering HP/IEM Stores in Tokyo to Posting of Pictures and Impressions of Tokyo
Jun 26, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #107 of 125
Sounds like the Sony hybrids too.
If I go to TKY, I'll pick up some loot for you. But you're in HK, right? Surely you've got tons of goodies there too!
Like Aroma! And PW Audio!
Yes, I believe both Aroma and PW Audio are Hong Kong companies. Aroma is one of the CIEM brands that I will be considering. AAW looks like a pretty good brand from Singapore, if I am correct. I tried their Nebula 2 universal IEM and I thought it was very good. It was selling for about 16000 yen, and I think it is available in the US for about $150. Unfortunately it is not available here in HK so I cannot give it a longer listen now unless I plan a trip to Tokyo again or maybe Singapore. :wink: I go there once in a while, so next time I do I'll try to remember to check to see if you want to meet up.

Jun 27, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #108 of 125
no headphones in your loot? :D
You mean in my loot? My goal for this trip was an IEM, so I'm glad I ended up getting two of them.

But back to Itoya the stationery store. Here was another HP related purchase from there:
Looks like a soft case pencil case right?
IMG_20180612_151436.jpg

The ifi iDSD BL fits perfectly in there.
IMG_20180612_151444.jpg

And there are those elastic loops to hold short cables and a little pouch that you can see at the front of the case.
IMG_20180612_151518.jpg

Just be creative... :)

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #111 of 125
Jul 21, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #113 of 125
E-earphone isn't as much fun in the height of summer. Having to squeeze side by side with other guys trying out earphones... You get more than a whiff of other's perspiration.

Only loot of significance is a pre-loved pair of DITA Brass Limited Edition. For an IEM that was supposedly limited to a run of 500, there were three pairs in the "used" section.

JVC had a small table next to the door and was offering its HA-FD01 for sampling. Preferred the brass nozzle as it gave the mids just a little more body. Was pretty nice and almost decided to get it. But I tried the DITA and went for that instead.

Also tried the Final Audio E5000. Kinda wish I'd bought that as well. Not expensive and it sounds great!

Yes, this trip was rather brass influenced.

Also grabbed more VanNuys pouches and more eartips.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #114 of 125
E-earphone isn't as much fun in the height of summer. Having to squeeze side by side with other guys trying out earphones... You get more than a whiff of other's perspiration.

Only loot of significance is a pre-loved pair of DITA Brass Limited Edition. For an IEM that was supposedly limited to a run of 500, there were three pairs in the "used" section.

JVC had a small table next to the door and was offering its HA-FD01 for sampling. Preferred the brass nozzle as it gave the mids just a little more body. Was pretty nice and almost decided to get it. But I tried the DITA and went for that instead.

Also tried the Final Audio E5000. Kinda wish I'd bought that as well. Not expensive and it sounds great!

According to its official product page, the DITA Brass Limited Edition was limited to only 150 sets:

http://www.ditaaudio.com/index.php/products/brass-limited-edition.html

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #116 of 125

I briefly tried the E5000 just before my Tokyo trip so about a month ago. I recall that it had strong bass influence. Not so much on the treble. So I liked it for the bass but not so much for the highs. I think I do have a preference towards a V shaped sound signature for portable use.

I finally got around to trying out some more IEMs the other day, or more specifically Custom IEMs. I am going to start a new thread on it so that I don't detract from this Tokyo thread. I'll update with a link here if anyone is interested in my search.

BTW, if you went to the cashier at the very back of the store, there should be small basket of adaptors and nick knacks. If you wanted an adaptor, they were going dirt cheap. I picked up one that is supposed to be a name brand one. I'll have to double check on the price of it but I think it was like 92 yen, which is like nothing.

Jul 23, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #117 of 125
I briefly tried the E5000 just before my Tokyo trip so about a month ago. I recall that it had strong bass influence. Not so much on the treble. So I liked it for the bass but not so much for the highs. I think I do have a preference towards a V shaped sound signature for portable use.

I finally got around to trying out some more IEMs the other day, or more specifically Custom IEMs. I am going to start a new thread on it so that I don't detract from this Tokyo thread. I'll update with a link here if anyone is interested in my search.

BTW, if you went to the cashier at the very back of the store, there should be small basket of adaptors and nick knacks. If you wanted an adaptor, they were going dirt cheap. I picked up one that is supposed to be a name brand one. I'll have to double check on the price of it but I think it was like 92 yen, which is like nothing.
Yeah, I saw that basket. Wasn't looking for more adapters so pretty much ignored it. What kind of name brand adapter did you find?

What was more interesting was the bin near the cashier up front. Everything was in baggies. I think these were either demo or second hand gear that didn't have boxes any more. Saw a lot of portable amps and headphones. Some pretty expensive kit in there too like iFi amps.

And lots of cables. I had intended to audition some cables but the sheer number was just a little overwhelming and I didn't try any at all.

Was eyeing a pair of Meze 99 but didn't go for it since I'd gotten the Dita. They sounded very smooth though and I'm sorely tempted. Maybe on the next trip.

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #118 of 125
Yeah, I saw that basket. Wasn't looking for more adapters so pretty much ignored it. What kind of name brand adapter did you find?

What was more interesting was the bin near the cashier up front. Everything was in baggies. I think these were either demo or second hand gear that didn't have boxes any more. Saw a lot of portable amps and headphones. Some pretty expensive kit in there too like iFi amps.

.... Maybe on the next trip.
Oh. Looks like I totally missed out on the baggies. I love finding unexpected bargains.

The adaptor that I picked up for 92 yen (about 0.83 USD) is a Furutech like this one. It is nice and short and works perfectly with my ifi BL.

I can't wait for another trip to Tokyo again but I don't know when that will be because now that we discovered how good the eating can be in Japan, there are many other places we might want to try to.

BTW, here is the link to my custom IEM search thread.

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #119 of 125
According to its official product page, the DITA Brass Limited Edition was limited to only 150 sets:

http://www.ditaaudio.com/index.php/products/brass-limited-edition.html

The brass was rather dull and there were a few spots of tarnish on the IEMs. And when I pulled off the eartips at the store to inspect the IEMs, there was green gunk on the nozzle.
That's all normal for brass. The green gunk is from oxidation and rubbed off pretty easily with the wet wipes they provided.

This morning I used a polishing cloth for copper, that I had at home, and gave every brass part a quick buff. Just 5 min and everything is shiny again! Even the bits of tarnish were gone. The whole kit looks great!!

And it sounds mmmmm-mmmmm... Very good. Not as dark as the Aroma Witch Girl Pro but delivers a very rich full sound with highs that weren't too peaky. I think they're going to on a regular EDC rotation with my IT04.

E-earphone rocks... I was so reluctant to leave... So much ear candy, so little time.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #120 of 125
Can someone going soon try out the new Elecom GB3000 for me ?:relaxed::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back