A Thread Covering HP/IEM Stores in Tokyo to Posting of Pictures and Impressions of Tokyo
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #91 of 125
We went to Shibuya on our first day. It is one area that you must go to on a Tokyo visit. It would be similar to the Causeway Bay area of Hong Kong but at a larger scale. All kinds of shopping and eating here.
IMG_20180610_130537.jpg

I'm not sure if this is still in Shibuya but it is a cafe/bakery called Dominique Ansel. Our friend that works for Timeout Tokyo magazine brought us to this place. They have a casual area downstairs where you serve yourself, and an upstairs area where you are served (and where the washrooms are). The upstairs will be less crowded so if you do not see any seats available downstairs, you can go upstairs. Popular items were ice cream on a stick covered with marshmallow that is slightly flamed like creme brule.
IMG_20180610_160621.jpg

I had this. It had cheese and something else in it. I think sausage.
IMG_20180610_161049.jpg

My daughters had these.
IMG_20180610_161213.jpg

IMG_20180610_161254.jpg

More places to go, to come...

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #92 of 125
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #93 of 125
01730277-73E5-44AE-8FD2-2CFD418371A0.jpeg

Otw to the airport now. Managed to get a few hours on a rainy Saturday afternoon. The place was packed!! Was hoping to get an IEM and some cables from the second hand section but was a tad too overwhelmed.
Filled a bag with loot: scored a sweet Nighthawk Carbon along with accessories.

Attachments

• DA803313-CFE4-42D7-9FD5-4438FE048497.jpeg
    DA803313-CFE4-42D7-9FD5-4438FE048497.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #94 of 125

Otw to the airport now. Managed to get a few hours on a rainy Saturday afternoon. The place was packed!! Was hoping to get an IEM and some cables from the second hand section but was a tad too overwhelmed.
Filled a bag with loot: scored a sweet Nighthawk Carbon along with accessories.
Congrats!

The weather you describe takes me back down memory lane already. lol

Now let's see some pics from your looting!

Jun 24, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #95 of 125
Congrats!

The weather you describe takes me back down memory lane already. lol

Now let's see some pics from your looting!

Yeah, weather was the pits. But E-earphones cheered me up a lot. The first 30 minutes were a daze and took me a while to just get oriented and decide what I wanted to do.
The place is maybe 3,000 sqft of ear candy.

Didn't get enough time to walk the rest of Akihabara; will definitely have to make time in future.

093F59B6-AF02-42AC-B5D6-96499960348F.jpeg

I picked up a used Nighthawk Carbon, a whole bunch of ear tips in different flavors for myself and friends, some Van Nuys bags and cases and... A lot of this Rosenkranz stuff for friends... Adhesive metal disks that claim to improve sound by absorbing vibrations... I got fomo'd so got a pack of the Triple Acel for myself.

BB009EB2-0B0D-4FA4-ABBC-D135FA2956D9.jpeg

These are just about 4mm across and are meant to be stuck to IEMs to absorb stray vibrations. What the hell, I'm just algong for the ride.

This was a rushed trip but I managed to drop by Tokyu Hands at Shibuya and grabbed some tools and parts for my other hobby in leather craft. They had artists from Okinawa there and there was a guy who did awesome pinstriping. Almost wanted to ask if he'd pinstripe my WM1A.

Then there was way too much Kit Kat and Pocky for people at the office; I think a few kg worth.

02D4861E-531D-4CA9-A896-8A57FB56C848.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #96 of 125
My wife yelled at me for taking sideways pictures while walking across crosswalks. It was just the middle of the street had a really good vantage point for photographing buildings.

I’m surprised how my inner tourist comes out in Tokyo?

Attachments

• dcdc.jpg
    dcdc.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #97 of 125
Good stuff Quasi. Thanks for sharing your pics. Those Nighthawk Carbons look pretty sharp. And those look like Symbio tips. I was just recommended to try those tips in the Sora Giant Killer thread. I'll add a link to that Later. I've been posting my impressions on the Sora in there. I'm on my way to play hockey now but I can squeeze in about 30 minutes to check out some IEM tips.

By the way, did you get to go to Itoya? It's a 6 or 7 floor stationery store. My family wanted to go there. Thanks to pbui, I was going to abandon the family and scoot over to a nearby Bics Camera. I couldn't find the right moment to tell my wife that so I stayed in Itoya and made the most of it. I actually enjoyed it very much. This is the reason why.

IMG_20180612_160704.jpg

Looks like a pencil case right?

IMG_20180612_160433.jpg
Tucks in there nicely. A little loose but still safe. And loops to hold adaptor connectors and connection cables for the Black Label. On the inside cover that can also come out by velcro.
IMG_20180618_164745.jpg

ifi should offer something like this for next to nothing. LOL
IMG_20180617_181746.jpg

And more from Itoya to come. :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #98 of 125
My wife yelled at me for taking sideways pictures while walking across crosswalks. It was just the middle of the street had a really good vantage point for photographing buildings.

I’m surprised how my inner tourist comes out in Tokyo?
You sound just like me! LOL. I took pictures of everything!!!

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #99 of 125
Good stuff Quasi. Thanks for sharing your pics. Those Nighthawk Carbons look pretty sharp. And those look like Symbio tips. I was just recommended to try those tips in the Sora Giant Killer thread. I'll add a link to that Later. I've been posting my impressions on the Sora in there. I'm on my way to play hockey now but I can squeeze in about 30 minutes to check out some IEM tips.

By the way, did you get to go to Itoya? It's a 6 or 7 floor stationery store. My family wanted to go there. Thanks to pbui, I was going to abandon the family and scoot over to a nearby Bics Camera. I couldn't find the right moment to tell my wife that so I stayed in Itoya and made the most of it. I actually enjoyed it very much. This is the reason why.

Looks like a pencil case right?

Tucks in there nicely. A little loose but still safe. And loops to hold adaptor connectors and connection cables for the Black Label. On the inside cover that can also come out by velcro.

ifi should offer something like this for next to nothing. LOL

And more from Itoya to come. :wink:
No I didn't but will look out for it next time.

Japanese stationery stores are insane! We have a few here but they're nothing like what you can find in Tokyo. There was on I went to in Ginza that had a craft floor with a manned DIY section with laser cutters, routers and a 3D printer. They'll do custom work for you onsite... In a stationery section of a department store.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #101 of 125
Hey man, don’t kill the messenger.:wink: Oh, and 100th post of the thread!:blush:
LOL. I thought it was pretty cool of you to try and help a bro in need. I just needed to make sure that I was on my best behaviour so that I would get the ok to go to ee at a later time in the trop. :ksc75smile:

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #102 of 125

Nah, they're an assortment of Spinfit, SpiralDot and Acoustune tips. What are Symbio? Don't recall seeing that brand. Any good?

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #103 of 125
96821155-64BF-491D-B0DB-846E8E7CAE8C.jpeg
E3C587CD-6444-4F19-B100-582FA8971BBB.jpeg

I miss the Land Of Oz.

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #104 of 125
Nah, they're an assortment of Spinfit, SpiralDot and Acoustune tips. What are Symbio? Don't recall seeing that brand. Any good?
I wish I learned more about tips before going to ee. After buying the Intime IEMs (Sora and Go), I started posting and learning more about them in the SORA, giant killer thread. Here is a link to the post that mentions the Symbio IEM tips. It's a pretty interesting tip because it combines memory foam and silicone into one. Here's the post with a picture of them. Post #41

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #105 of 125
I wish I learned more about tips before going to ee. After buying the Intime IEMs (Sora and Go), I started posting and learning more about them in the SORA, giant killer thread. Here is a link to the post that mentions the Symbio IEM tips. It's a pretty interesting tip because it combines memory foam and silicone into one. Here's the post with a picture of them. Post #41
Sounds like the Sony hybrids too.
If I go to TKY, I'll pick up some loot for you. But you're in HK, right? Surely you've got tons of goodies there too!
Like Aroma! And PW Audio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back