A tale of 2 IEM's (Montser Turbine Copper 1 vs Monster Turbine Copper 2) How different burnin techniques gave me two unique IEM's
Jan 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #166 of 179
Thanks for the advice dweaver.  I have now done 27 hrs on the brown burnin file and I can say that the bass as you stated is much richer.  I have yet to try the second file.  I will be doing that tonight.  What would you suggest for total burnin time.  Is it a matter of taste after say 50 hrs?  Thanks for all the help. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #167 of 179
If you add the 2nd file into the mix tonight have a listen tomorrow and see what you think. If your liking what you hear jut use those two files for a couple burn-ins at night an then they should be fine to just use without any more extended burn-ins.

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #168 of 179

I have a question that will probably tag me as the newbie that I am. Since some have labeled the golds as having recessed mids-- will using a majority pink noise file make the golds sound more like the coppers? Or is it a matter of design and/or quality that will keep the golds sounding more like themselves than the coppers?
I am loving the regular turbines and have the coppers on backorder from crutchfield at $279, but wonder if I should get the golds for around the same price from somewhere else. I want the bass for my 70s P-Funk, but I also want something that brings out the female vocals on the trip-hop that I like. I want the female vocals to give me chills.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #169 of 179
Thanks dweaver! I'm just an amateur thats been lurking for awhile and used your files on multiple headphones and IEMs. There is a very noticeable difference in sound after an initial 12 hour Burn-In on the sets of fresh headphones and IEMs I've purchased. Tried do a Burn-In on my old HD555, didn't change anything at all, but I wasn't expecting it to.

Here is my first Burn-in and how I did it.

Monster Copper Turbine Pros :
1. Brand new set of MTCP paired with e11 amp and clip+
1a.E11 set on low Gain and Setting 1 on the eq/bass switch
1b.Clip+ using FLAC files

2. Listened to a playlist with a few Classical, R&B, 80's new wave, rock and heavy metal. 
Bass was a little loose/sloppy(sorry if those aren't the right terms)
Mids and Highs were very balanced and nice

3. Ran dweaver's Brown Noise oriented file and Balanced File for a 12 Hour loop on a little above average volume(ran it after work and while I was sleeping)

4. Didn't expect to much of a change, but was I in for a shock! 
The bass was more punchy and tight, not to aggressive of a change(which I really liked, because I'm not to much of a basshead)
However what really impressed me, was the midrange, it absolutely changed, Midrange became very warm and Inviting. Felt like Lita Ford and Ozzy were in the room singing for me!
Didn't feel the highs changed at all, but they were already good to begin with.

5.Rinsed and repeated 12 hour cycles with 2-4hr hour breaks for the next 2 days
5a.Played music I would normal listen to for 3-4 hours to "settle the burn-in"

Final Result/Conclusion: I felt the MTCPs were great out of the box. Burn gave a more refined bass response, very warm and inviting mids, and still kept a very good balance between everything. I completely fell in love with my MTCPs!

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #170 of 179
Yup that's sounds like what they did with mine too :) Glad the files were of help. I see my site has 450+ members now so I guess a few people are using the files.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #171 of 179
Hey, I just got some new MTPCs and have been trying to download dweaver's burn in file, but I'm having trouble with the download. It is very slow and cuts out after only 1 or 2 megabytes. Would a very kind person mind uploading it to a hosting site for me?

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #172 of 179
 I've never did a brown noise burn in , yet . 
wink.gif

and each +3db is twice the volume , it takes 2x the power to push a driver 3db higher

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #173 of 179
Quote:
I placed the post below in the Copper big thread and thought it might be usefull here as well.

Here are some links to the files I have created:

• B-P-B-W looped in 1 minute segments with 12 minute silence at the end (256kbps MP3 Format), (this file is my original one I used for the Coppers, except I used the original wav format I created), my theory is the added brown noise helped make the Copper's bassier and helped the lower midrange.
  • B-P-B-W looped in 1 minute segments with 12 minute silence at the end (FLAC Format), same as above but lossless flac version
  • P-W-B-P-W looped in 1 minute segments for 40 minutes with 10 minutes of silnce at the end (FLAC Format), based on my theory this version would make a more treble and upper midrange centric change to an IEM but would still give the bass a bit of a workout.

Hi, a noob here,

I can't get to the files! Nothing happens when I click....or how can I get to Dweaver's website, so I can download??

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #174 of 179
Sorry I need to remove the links as I had to dismantle my site due to hacking attacks. So my files are no longer publicly available.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #176 of 179
Nov 25, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #177 of 179
Right now I can only give you the two files in mp3 and I'll have to look in my pc folders for the flac versions.

edit: ok, I did find the more "highs" oriented file in flac https://hotfile.com/dl/180935693/0b66bf9/p-w-b-p-w10minutes_of_silence_.flac.html  but I could only find the one with more brown noise only in mp3 http://hotfile.com/dl/146457902/5f78759/b-p-b-w-b10_minutes_of_silence.mp3.html

Thanks a lot!!! Can't say how much I appreciate this!!

Does anyone have the other .flac? The brown noise one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back