A Spring Ottawa Meet?
May 7, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #61 of 100
25th?

I thought it was 17th....

ok...same thing...just not a long weekend that's all...

i "third" the vote for Chimo...some clients stay there when they come visit...its pretty nice...and its super close by to me
wink.gif
and close to the transitway for people who are bussing it...unfortunately Im stuck at work for a bit this week...so I'll leave the calling to you Zanth...cool?

May 7, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #62 of 100
I thought the long weekend WAS the weekend of the 25th? Am I wrong? If so...I'm sorry I meant the Saturday of the long weekend. Although, the 25th is rockin' for me as well. I don't much care.

I have a 27 million dollar proposal that I have to present to IBM Thursday afternoon. So, I'm not actually leaving my office until early Friday morning after the proposal (which will more than likely get accepted) acceptance party finishes up. Anyway..I can call Friday afternoon when I get home from work.

May 7, 2003 at 6:12 AM Post #63 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
I thought the long weekend WAS the weekend of the 25th? Am I wrong? If so...I'm sorry I meant the Saturday of the long weekend. Although, the 25th is rockin' for me as well. I don't much care.

I have a 27 million dollar proposal that I have to present to IBM Thursday afternoon. So, I'm not actually leaving my office until early Friday morning after the proposal (which will more than likely get accepted) acceptance party finishes up. Anyway..I can call Friday afternoon when I get home from work.

Both saturdays are OK for me. Zanth, if you will be hurry, we can make it next saturday. I think everybody else will agree, don't you fellas?
biggrin.gif

So, last call, Chimo hotel, Saturday May 25th?

You can speak out or hold your peace forever!
wink.gif
wink.gif

May 7, 2003 at 6:18 AM Post #64 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
As for your Melos...if you would not mind bringing yours that would be excellent. I've never heard a regular SHA series. Mine is a prototype built for Joe Grado. Only two were made and my board is different with different parts. Plus...I just had mine seriously modded...blackgates, holcos...auris...and the piece de resistance....a DACT 50k CT2 stepped attenuator along with NOS Mullard 7308's and NOS 6922's. The only thing it didn't get was a new PSU so it does not have IEC yet.

Wow, that sounds like some really complicated stuff and I don't think I understood any of it (but I know that was directed to Omer). Maybe it's just that I'm a noob and I don't have a "real" home audio system yet.

All I can bring are my Sony portable headphones and a couple of others.

BTW, if anyone else has a pair of EX70/71s that he/she believes sounds good, please bring them. I really don't like the sound from mine no matter how I try to enjoy them, so I'm thinking that maybe Sony has bad quality control and I got one of their bad ones.

May 7, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #65 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by klavier_28
So, last call, Chimo hotel, Saturday May 25th?

You can speak out or hold your peace forever!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Is it gonna be a Saturday May 24th or Sunday May 25th? Just wanted to be sure which one we'll be going for. According to my World Time calendar, the 25th is a Sunday, or maybe my calendar is really screwed up. In any case, I'll be able to attend on either one, although if it's a Sunday, then I might arrive late if the meet starts before 1:30pm.

But anyway, Chimo hotel sounds good and May 24th or 25th is good too.

May 7, 2003 at 12:32 PM Post #66 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by dragonlong
Is it gonna be a be going for. According to my World Time calendar, the 25th is a Sunday, or maybe my calendar is really screwed up

My calender is screwed up too. I have May 25th as a Sunday. But if it is Saturday, that's cool. Saturday usually works better anyway.

Chimo Hotel would be great, I could even bus there if need be.

But I'm worried that my DIY headphone amp won't be fixed by the meet date. That's the amp I want all to hear.

May 7, 2003 at 1:18 PM Post #67 of 100
Ok so its decided then...

The weekend of 24-25th @ CHIMO specific date dependent on when the final reservations are made for
May 24, 2003 = Saturday
May 25, 2003 = Sunday
at least on my planet...

That weekend is NOT the long weekend...unless you're in the states...That's fine with me...I get to spend the long weekend buying CD's
smily_headphones1.gif

Zanth: Good luck on the proposal

May 7, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #69 of 100
Thanks...I am at work right now...and seriously man...this is simply dumb. THis presentation tomorrow is going to be completely by the seat of my pants. Hopefully I don't screw this up...its quite huge.

As for the 24th/25th, this for me would be best and may work out for most. Gives us more time to plan and get organized instead of running around late this week early next week to get things moving.

I'll call Friday, figure out a date and run that by Omer to verify.

Crazyman...if you can't make it, for whatever reason then we can get together again.

Zanth

May 7, 2003 at 4:11 PM Post #70 of 100
I was thinking along the lines of an open-house type thing on Sunday the 25th from Noon to 5, pending the reservation at the Chimo. I know SAturday is the day people like to tie up loose ends, and what better way to spend a few hours on a Sunday than listening to COOL tunes on cans.
biggrin.gif

That way peope can drop by whnever they want between those times.

I'm calling the Chimo as we speak.............
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2003 at 4:12 PM Post #72 of 100
Okay so how did things fair? Are we on for the 25th? I've requested Jude place a frontpage notice regarding our meet. I want to confirm Chimo...12-5...May 25th.

May 9, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #73 of 100
the 25th is tentavely booked at the Chimo. I'mgoing to be going to look at the room(S) to finalize the size.
But yes, mark the 25th on the calendar between Noon and 5pm.
I'll post a message for final confirmation on Monday night.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #74 of 100
[size=medium]AWESOME!![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back