A Spring Ottawa Meet?
May 1, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #31 of 100
Yep, looking forward to meeting everybody. Perhops this is the start of an an annual audio show?
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:36 PM Post #32 of 100
In all honesty....if Head-fi meets were the precipitating factor to a Capital Region Annual Meet...I'd be elated and proud
smily_headphones1.gif

Mmmm....do I hear a Jolida vs. Shanling sound off?

May 1, 2003 at 4:49 PM Post #33 of 100
how about a Jolida vs. Shanling vs. Cary 308 vs. Newcastle 980 vs. Roksan Kandy?
cool.gif

Yep, doing this will give us a taste of what would be involved for a show in Ottawa.
After exhibiting in Montreal, it seemed clear that we need a show in Ottawa.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 100
Sweet...

Im looking forward to hearing how my AKG's sound with some decent amplification...and decent sources...

As well as my new 580s...and a 580 vs 600 comparo would be great...

looks like Sennheiser, AKG, and Grado will be well represented...

What about Beyers, etys, Sony's, AT's etc?

Do you think any of the other audioshops in town would be interested in this? (since we are talking about expanding it a bit)...

May 1, 2003 at 7:46 PM Post #35 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Dwagun
Grado will be well represented...

What about Beyers

I will bring my Beyers, if it pans out.

May 3, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #36 of 100
I haven't checked this thread for a while, and now there's so many more posts here! (well, at least relatively speaking)

I'm still interested in having an Ottawa meeting. I think I'm still considered a noob since it's only recently that I got more than 1 pair of headphones, so I hope I won't be too annoying to you guys.

I only have "portable" phones though, if anyone wants to try them out: Ety ER-4P (have the 4S cable too, but never used it), D66, EX71, E888, KSC-35 (which I believe most people probably have already).

My only portable sources are my MPIO FL100 and Casio Cassiopeia (which I don't use for music anymore). They only carry jap/anime MP3s, so I doubt anyone would wanna try listening from them anyway unless you're a real anime fan!

I also have a Total Airhead amp, but would like to test out other amps.

May 3, 2003 at 2:59 AM Post #37 of 100
its all good drag...

maybe you'll find some (home) phones and amps that you'll like for your next purchase...
smily_headphones1.gif

damn it I cant find my Initial D MP3s...
frown.gif

Listening to my "new" HD580s right now...sweet...
sweet music...and I think my 401s have finally broken in cuz they sounded real nice at the office the past few days...I'm happy
tongue.gif

went biking today with my gf...life is good
cool.gif

I still need to finish my CMOY tho...havent had time the past little while...
out!

May 3, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #38 of 100
Hi Omer,

A Cary CD308 shootout would be fantastic. I'm looking forward to getting a CD308T in the near future. When is the meet?
I could try to bring a Cary CD301 player for comparision.

Cheers
Jason

May 4, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #41 of 100
thnks Azn, Most of mine were 128 too I think...
I love the opening and end title songs of the stage 1.

LOL i saw a black truck with MTB Kanata sticker on the back going into my apt's parking garage the other day...you know you're in small city when...
smily_headphones1.gif

hope to see you on the 17, we can talk MTB too
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #43 of 100
almost forgot, the headphones I'll be bringing:
AKG 401, 501, 340
Koss, A130, R200
Apex HP60

And hopefully is things work out, I'll have a Melos SHA-1, Rega Ear, MF XCanV2, Apex pro headphone amp/comparitor......
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2003 at 6:12 AM Post #45 of 100
So Dwagun and CrzyAzn are into Initial D music too, eh? Awesome! I have some of those in my FL100, mostly at 128kbps, but a few at 320kbps (Gamble Rumble 3rd Stage Op). But anyway, May 17th is a good day to have the meet. Maybe if we get bored (although very unlikely) or not many people show up, it can turn into a group outing to see Matrix Reloaded, unless you're all planning to see it on opening night.

So no one knows which location yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back