A Spring Ottawa Meet?
Mar 31, 2003 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
Hello all,

Now that my schooling is coming to a close, I was wondering if anyone wanted to take another crack at a meet? I am willing to hold one in May (date to be discussed and confirmed - gotta talk to the wife).

What I would have on hand:

Shanling
various portables
RS-1's
HP-1's
SR-60's
flats of all flavours
Melos SHA-X (modded by senor carlo)
RA-1 (perhaps the AC version by then)
CHA-47
CMOY
META42

If we head on over to someone else's place instead, I am still willing to take the Shanling IF I can get a ride. As well, maybe we can get some local guys like Omer of OZ enterprises to come out with some Cary or Jolida stuff to sample. Given enough advance, it could be awesome!

Just my thoughts, please pipe in .

Mar 31, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 100
I'm there, and I can bring a whole pile of cool stuff....

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD590
Sennheiser HD600
Beyerdynamic DT-431
Grado SR80
Grado SR225
Grado SR325
AKG K501

Amps:

Grado RA-1
Rega Ear
Joe Dick DIY amp

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2003 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 100
A meet in Ottawa? Cool! I'd wanna come, but don't really have anything to bring.

The only good "phones" I have are the ER4Ps. I'll be getting a bunch of Sony portables soon (EX71, E888, D66), but those are nothing compared to what you guys have. I'm a noob who's been learning as much about headphones as he can during the past few days.

Apr 10, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 100
Well...it seems there is a lack of interest, or the Ottawa folks just don't frequent this forum. I am more than up for a nice small meet. Three of us would be fine...I can rope Darryl in to coming by again. The Melos SHA-X will be here fully modded which is great news.

Apr 22, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 100
oooh oooh!

I want to come too...

I've got:

AKG401s
KossUR40s (unless i've traded them in to Omer
wink.gif

and hopefully my HD580s will be here soon

and if I can figure out what's wrong with my CMOY...

As for sources...only got my old MDR-50 MD to bring...my old JDM D-321 CD player is too flakey now...

Contact me if you guys get together

Apr 22, 2003 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 100
Right now my schedule is really all over the place. Also, I am waiting on the delivery of the DACT stepped attenuator before the SHA-X will be complete. I would prefer having the meet after the amp arrives so everyone can have a taste.

I'd be willing to have the meet at my place; however, I would prefer if we could get a room at a local school or even a back room at an audio shop in town. Eventually I want to organize a meet/tour at the national speaker research facilities.

At least from this thread we have: 4. I figure we could round up Dlow, Joe Dick, Klavier_28, anearfull and maybe some newbies.

Apr 29, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #13 of 100
I'm trying to think of a nice place. There are a few schools around me which we could probably grab a room or two. I'm an apartment dweller so if anyone wants to BBQ we'll need someone with a house.

I'm open for suggestions. Let's keep this thread kicking and get really organized
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2003 at 6:21 PM Post #14 of 100
Looks like that weekend is open...at least one of the days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back