A Spring Ottawa Meet?
May 6, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #47 of 100
I tried at my school and it is not as easy as I thought it would be...I have to book it with this woman who presents it before a coucil and then they vote. Blasted democratics!

So what about another school/hotel?

May 6, 2003 at 5:13 AM Post #48 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
I tried at my school and it is not as easy as I thought it would be...I have to book it with this woman who presents it before a coucil and then they vote. Blasted democratics!

So what about another school/hotel?

mad.gif
Such low efficiency. I guess hotel will be too expensive to book.

May 6, 2003 at 12:11 PM Post #49 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
have to book it with this woman who presents it before a coucil and then they vote

Why don't you let them have a listen to your HP-1's and Shanling? They might not only vote 'yes' but attend as well!
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #50 of 100
well unless this classroom thing pans out in the next few days...maybe we should look at renting a room somewhere?

I know Omer has graciously offered to foot the bill but I would be willing to fork out 5-10 bucks to help offset the cost if need be...

Do you have any suggestions for places Omer? (Im still not too familiar with places here in ottawa...) If you're too busy to call, just post the places and we can get someone here to call them up to see if they have a room available and help make arrangements...

What do you guys think?

May 6, 2003 at 3:20 PM Post #51 of 100
yeah, like I said before, a conferance room at a hotel would be a good bet. Now, the only thing is location and availability.
Do you guys want something central, or east end, west end, south end?
Downtown would suck because of parking, but I guess it depends on cost, and how many people will be attending.
Let's all do everything possible to make sure this thing comes together.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #52 of 100
I would prefer central/east as I live this way...and I figure most hotels are in this area anyway. But I'm flexible.

Thanks again Omer for helping organize this and for graceously renting the room.

May 6, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #53 of 100
Did a quick search on destina.ca for hotels that we can go to...
There are the usual assortment of Holiday Inn, Travelodge, Best Western, Comfort Inns, Econolodge, Days Inn all for under 100 bucks for one night from May 17-18

Omer had suggested the Travelodge/Thriftlodge Hotel and Convention Centre on Carling.
They have rooms for up to 5 people - They also have conference and meeting rooms, etc...

if someone could give them a call @ 722-7600
and check it out that would be much appreciated...

I am also open to suggestions for other places....

May 6, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #54 of 100
What about a motel on Montreal Rd area?

Cheap, parking is there, and they're used to 'renting out' for a few hours at a time. Just wondering if there are enough outlets in the room?

May 6, 2003 at 9:43 PM Post #56 of 100
I agree with Azn, I think "central" is best for everyone since everyone is going to be living everywhere from Orleans to Kanata to god knows where...that way its fair for everyone...is that cool?

Is Carling central enough for everyone?...
theres parking at the travelodge...and its close enough to the queensway/bus station that it should be easy to get to...

Azn you have a bike dont you? heheh
tongue.gif
Don't worry bub...I'm sure someone can swing by to pick you up if its too far...if not well Its a little out of my way but I can pick u up (if you meet me partway)

For all those with suggestions, how about you call up the place that you were implying/suggesting and see how much it is going to be and if they have suites/conference rooms...or whatever...

Omer has agreed to help pay for the room but hes really busy these days so its up to us to find and agree on a place...cmon- its not that hard theres only 7 or 8 of us...

May 7, 2003 at 1:03 AM Post #57 of 100
Hi all, just to be clear, I'll pick up the whole tab for the room.
Outlets? I have TONS of that stuff, I'll be bringing our Panamax AC Regenerator if needed!
Another suggestion is The Chimo Hotel near St. Laurent. Good facilities, and close to transit, free parking, etc.
AS mentioned elsewhere, with a business to run, a house to sell, a wife to keep happy, and a 4 year old boy who LOVES to play PS2 with me, it's tought to juggle everything.
wink.gif

May 7, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #58 of 100
I like the idea of the Chimo Hotel, expressly because of its location near a transit route.

Okay, we May 25th at the Chimo? How does that sound?

I'm game to help setup and stuff. Omer you let me know what you need, helping hand, doughnuts...coffee...whatever, and I'm all over that.

I'm very excited about the AC regenerator. I have been thinking about buying one (was concentrating on the PS Audio P300).

May 7, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #59 of 100
ok, Sunday the 25th ?
Room or suite?
Find out the prices and get back to me via pm or diretly at my email address.
Donuts and coffee? They can provide coffee, and it's probably better than Tims.
Since you'll have your Melos, I won't bring mine, but I'll stilltry to get a Rega and MF for this outing.
Evedryone involved should pass the word along to everybody you know.
If there's enough interest, we can plan for a big show next year iwth advertising, etc.
And, maybe make it a headphone and audio show - Ottawa's first!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #60 of 100
Okay, I can't call until Friday. I'm just too busy and will be locked up in this think tank until then, seriously.

As for the first...well...we already had Canada's first Headphone meet in December but I would love to have a biannual audio show of sorts.

I think we should shoot for a room that can easily hold 10-15 people. This time around I expect much more gear, I mean...with your gear alone Omer...we are gonna have a bunch
smily_headphones1.gif

As for your Melos...if you would not mind bringing yours that would be excellent. I've never heard a regular SHA series. Mine is a prototype built for Joe Grado. Only two were made and my board is different with different parts. Plus...I just had mine seriously modded...blackgates, holcos...auris...and the piece de resistance....a DACT 50k CT2 stepped attenuator along with NOS Mullard 7308's and NOS 6922's. The only thing it didn't get was a new PSU so it does not have IEC yet. But it will once I give these mods a listening to. We can compare both and see which each prefers and whether the mods were worth it or not.

Since my amp had some serious problems...the mods were worth it, but for a working unit...some may feel the mods may not be worth the cost.

If no one else wants to call Chimo then I will but only Friday evening. Otherwise, someone else get to a phone and pass us the info.

Thanks again,

Zanth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back