A simple mod for a comfy Grado (Pix inside)
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

whoelse

500+ Head-Fier
Yesterday I was looking at my MS2i and see if there is a way to make them more comfy. I always have some hotspot on top of my eartips and not the usual touching of the driver but more like something hard is pressing on my ear.

I took a look at the bowl and see what happened when I compress it.

From this picture, it seems like there is not much support at the side of the driver and when compressed, it is almost level with the driver. To be fair, my bowl is showing sign that it is about to disintegrate so a new one should be harder but still it is probably a good thing to improve it.

What I derive was to give some support behind the bowl to make it hold better and not compress so much. This is what I came out with.

I cut out another foam ring I can find from whatever leftover I can get. Unfortunately not black but a grey foam. This is how it look after I cut them into the desired size with a pair of sharp thin scissors.

See how much deeper and higher compare with the previous result? The side no longer compress so much until it is level with the side. I no longer having that hotspot I use to experience previously.

Now a picture without the mod.

For me now is to find a black foam and do a better cutting job :)

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 2
I found a simpler and better looking to achieve the same result:

Adding a cable tie there to raise the foam higher and give extra support so it does not collapse too much for my ears to touch the cup :) Try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back