A silly question, does FS Atrios have filters? I am going to buy this.
Nov 11, 2010 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

maudemaude

Head-Fier
Yes it is silly, that is because I am afraid of the wax dropped in may ruin the drivers.

I actually don't need to fear that as I have quite clean ear canals, but I simply worry and don't know why.

Can anyone check his/her Atrio ?

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Yes it is silly, that is because I am afraid of the wax dropped in may ruin the drivers.

I actually don't need to fear that as I have quite clean ear canals, but I simply worry and don't know why.

Can anyone check his/her Atrio ?

The sound tubes are very narrow (and there is probably a filter deep in there), I don't thing any wax is going to get in a sound tube that narrow.

Keep your ears clean and you shouldn't have a problem, I'd say.

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Many thanks, BoredPig & Kunlun.

It is because that Ear Monitors have no filters so I assume Atrios do not have either.

You have Ear Monitors?

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Quote:

It is because that Ear Monitors have no filters so I assume Atrios do not have either.

You have Ear Monitors?

[size=medium]
No, but I have met them before, which impressed me with the sound but not its appearance . I really do not need custom IEMs, ER4P (and Atrio, maybe) are enough for me with portable stuffs.

[/size]

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You have Ear Monitors?

No, but I have met them before, which impressed me with the sound but not its appearance . I really do not need custom IEMs, ER4P (and Atrio, maybe) are enough for me with portable stuffs.

Seriously? How did you hear them?

Nov 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You have Ear Monitors?

I have larger ear canals for that EarMonitor, just put on triplefi 10s' foam tips and press them firmly to provide a basic seal. It goes a quite different way among the high level IEMs, the owner said that it has too much bass and a dark treble. What I heard is moderate amount of bass (smooth, punchy but not too fast, love it even though I'm not a bass head) and indeed a dim treble, while the sound stage and vocal are nice. It should be pleasant to hear them for a long time, at least for me it is.

The housing is clear so I am sure they have no filters.

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

I have larger ear canals for that EarMonitor, just put on triplefi 10s' foam tips and press them firmly to provide a basic seal. It goes a quite different way among the high level IEMs, the owner said that it has too much bass and a dark treble. What I heard is moderate amount of bass (smooth, punchy but not too fast, love it even though I'm not a bass head) and indeed a dim treble, while the sound stage and vocal are nice. It should be pleasant to hear them for a long time, at least for me it is.

The housing is clear so I am sure they have no filters.

Thanks for answering, but I'm not sure I understand. They are customs, so what do you mean when you say you put on foam tips?

Too much bass and a dark treble does sound like the Mg4 Ear Monitors (I've emailed a few owners). Here's what one had to say was the difference between the new Mg6 and the Mg4:
the mG4 is very smooth, has beautiful warm low end and offers true reference quality sound. The mG6, in my opinion, has a puncher low end and some slightly more boosted hi end. It does not sound artificial, but just accentuated. They did a great job with them. I am still evaluating between both my pairs and can't quite decide which I prefer. I am just very accustomed to my old ones. Either way you will get the best product out there with Future Sonics. Hope that helps.

It's a little weird, the new Atrios are bass-heavy and the mids are a bit recessed, and while the treble is extended, it is a bit dark. The Ear Monitors are supposed to sound exactly the same way. Yet, quite a lot of musicians and professionals in the music business seem to really like this sound. I'm a little dumbfounded that this sound signature is the "the best product out there" to a seriously top industry professional (I'm not kidding--I have balls when it comes to emailing random people).

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Thanks for answering, but I'm not sure I understand. They are customs, so what do you mean when you say you put on foam tips?

That EarMonitors' tubes are as thin as the Triplefi10s', although they are short but it is possible to put the foam tips "on" them, i.e. not quite firmly.

Thanks for your reply, I think I may prefer the richer mids, but the memory wired version seems to be not available anywhere, even the used, does that have MG4s? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back