A sequel release, ARIA 2!
Oct 30, 2023 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MOONDROP

Sponsor: Moondrop
MOONDROP • Aria2 📌

We're glad to advertise ARIA2 at US$89.99 now! It adopts the dynamic driver design of internal and external composite magnetic circuit + composite independent brass cavity and provides a solid hardware acoustic foundation.

The significant improvements in sound quality and experience have to be heard to be believed.
4.jpg

The Aria2 adopts the dynamic driver design of internal and external composite magnetic circuit + composite independent brass cavity that is used in mid-range competitors and provides a solid hardware acoustic foundation.

What’s different is that Aria2 not only incorporates the technology of flagship products, but also features a new generation of cavity acoustic design, including easily replaceable acoustic components and a high-reliability pressure vent structure with bass booster plugs. Aria2 has them all!

2.jpg

Aria2 adopts MOONDROP’s mature patented dynamic driver structure, delivering accurate audio presentation and low-distortion wide dynamic response through a special large dynamic long-stroke symmetrical magnetic circuit and acoustic cavity resonance control system. Aria2 effortlessly achieves outstanding front-end linearity.

It offers a nonlinear full-frequency distortion below 0.05%, resulting in natural timbre and the reproduction of even the most subtle details.
PHI_5222_1.jpg

Aria2 uses a newly developed TiN ceramic-coated dome composite diaphragm developed by MOONDROP. The two-step processing of three materials achieves a smooth treble response surpassing that of a metal-coated diaphragm, and ultra-low distortion performance that is lower than that of other crystalline-coated diaphragms. It delivers excellent treble detail and extension without any granularity or roughness.

Aria2 uses a universal 0.78mm interchangeable cable, allowing users to replace the cable or accessories (such as MOONDROP Littlewhite Bluetooth neckband or FreeDSP) for different usage scenarios.

In order to make it easier for users to better match the devices to dig out the reference sound quality of Aria2, the newly designed cable with interchangeable plugs come along. Aria2’s cable is made of copper and silver-plated with Litz structure, and the replaceable plugs are a newly designed screw-type fixed, which has both design and practicality.
PHI_1709.jpg

Thanks for reading, any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Oct 30, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 14
Not a fan of this tuning. By Moondrop’s own VDSF standard the upper mids should not come up this much but they do. This almost seems exactly like the chu ii in terms of tuning (except with less subbass) which is very v-shaped all things considered(…but without the perceived subbass+upper treble support and extension too). It’s sad to see moondrop moving more TOWARDS generic chifi instead of away from it, because that’s what made them popular in the first place. Not a single company chifi company on earth consistently keeps down the pinna gain + lower treble and it’s silly. really silly.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 14
Milk the Cow.gif

Oct 30, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 14
Not a fan of this tuning. By Moondrop’s own VDSF standard the upper mids should not come up this much but they do. This almost seems exactly like the chu ii in terms of tuning (except with less subbass) which is very v-shaped all things considered(…but without the perceived subbass+upper treble support and extension too). It’s sad to see moondrop moving more TOWARDS generic chifi instead of away from it, because that’s what made them popular in the first place. Not a single company chifi company on earth consistently keeps down the pinna gain + lower treble and it’s silly. really silly.
They pioneered generic wym? Only thing they did better was the price point.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 14

It depends on what your preferred sound signature is. Moondrop nails my preference most of the time, and I find that almost every western IEM doesn’t have enough pinna gain.

Oct 31, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #9 of 14
It depends on what your preferred sound signature is. Moondrop nails my preference most of the time, and I find that almost every western IEM doesn’t have enough pinna gain.
Their old iems sure. But that was during a time when no one understood what HRTF was, a 12db rise peaking at 2khz was par for the course along with insane resonances at 4-5khz and horrible treble was a normal stroll in the park.
Now their new IEMS are actually moving towards more shoutyness compensated with midbass. Just look at Starfield 2. I’m sorry but it sucks. It was horribly received and for good reason. Chu ii is not BAD but is certainly not a true “replacement” of the OG chu they’re not even remotely the same! Even their over ear headphone Joker is well…a joke.
This trend is really silly especially now how everyone and their damn grandma is trying to chase this magical fairy of the “Harman” target when let’s be honest…Harman sucks(current IE target that is, the over ear target is perfectly fine). Scientifically proven, it has terrible tonal balance. Insane shoutiness at 5khz above effing DIFFUSE FIELD for no damn reason combined with significant dip past that point so it sounds even more glaring. literally diffuse field upper mids and treble are more balanced than Harman.
ok…rant over.
my point *being*
tldr; all these new releases are basically harman upper mids with warm bass bloat to compensate for the fact that pure Harman(IE) is glary & thin trash. no creativity. No uniqueness. Same damn iem being re-released over and over and over again.
in the words of Michael Jordan @MOONDROP

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 14
Their old iems sure. But that was during a time when no one understood what HRTF was, a 12db rise peaking at 2khz was par for the course along with insane resonances at 4-5khz and horrible treble was a normal stroll in the park.
Now their new IEMS are actually moving towards more shoutyness compensated with midbass. Just look at Starfield 2. I’m sorry but it sucks. It was horribly received and for good reason. Chu ii is not BAD but is certainly not a true “replacement” of the OG chu they’re not even remotely the same! Even their over ear headphone Joker is well…a joke.
This trend is really silly especially now how everyone and their damn grandma is trying to chase this magical fairy of the “Harman” target when let’s be honest…Harman sucks(current IE target that is, the over ear target is perfectly fine). Scientifically proven, it has terrible tonal balance. Insane shoutiness at 5khz above effing DIFFUSE FIELD for no damn reason combined with significant dip past that point so it sounds even more glaring. literally diffuse field upper mids and treble are more balanced than Harman.
ok…rant over.
my point *being*
tldr; all these new releases are basically harman upper mids with warm bass bloat to compensate for the fact that pure Harman(IE) is glary & thin trash. no creativity. No uniqueness. Same damn iem being re-released over and over and over again.
in the words of Michael Jordan @MOONDROP

I haven't heard the Chu 2 yet, but I absolutely loved the original Chu. I'm a big fan of their SSR as well. My favorite IEM from anyone is probably the Final A4000 though, so it's entirely possible that you and I just have very different tastes in terms of preferred IEM sound signature.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 14
Looks pretty good!

Nov 3, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #13 of 14
1699024609970.png

Nov 3, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 14
1699068735749.png

personally…I’m not particularly impressed. Could be wrong but doubtful this will generate the same level of buzz as Aria OG. Unlike Chu II which is budget and actually a pretty solid V-shape reminiscent of the Sony MH755…80$ is now ultra big boy leagues. Aria is no longer a big fish in a little pond

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back