A review of X-Feed (Standalone crossfeed)
Apr 12, 2003 at 7:29 AM Post #46 of 165
Just received my X-Feed mk. III this morning! Very nice
biggrin.gif

The bad news is that I must wait until later next week to try it out - my interconnects are being re-terminated at the factory.

Apr 12, 2003 at 7:33 AM Post #47 of 165
I'm curious to hear, or read about the differences of the Mk II and Mk III side by side...

biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #50 of 165
Quote:

from the website
It is housed in a bullet proof UK made solid aluminium case making it virtually indestructable.

The x-feed has to be the most sturdily and indestructible item I have ever owned. It is certainly one item you don't have to treat with kid gloves.

Wordsworth

Apr 16, 2003 at 7:31 AM Post #51 of 165
PinkFloyd -

Your X-Feed has a long lost grand sire. Unfortunately it was ... decommissioned for parts scavenging. But it and Melos SHA-1 had a long lasting happy relationship. (I still have it's chasis though.)

tomo7.gif

I am not using X-feed for sometime now. I kinda drifted away from X-feed stuffs.

T

Apr 18, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #53 of 165
Hey, I forgot.

The porched parts were used for my CMOY amp. Then it too was decommissioned. Chasis was recycled for my new amp which I just build a week ago. But all the internals went to disposal except for my IC sockets.

The tiny black chasis now houses an acoustic filter. However, it too is waiting to be decommissioned.

Sob sob ... sad story.
frown.gif
redface.gif

T

Apr 21, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #54 of 165
As a little add on to the Mark 3, Mike has now managed to get the benefits of the Mark 3 into the compact steel case, which is very cool. And just for those who loath the idea of buying extra IC's he made a few with them attached.

If you fancy making the X-feed look nicer Mike sent me his comments on how to give it a better look and feel.

Quote:

You can also get hold of some 1200 grade wet and dry paper and sand the top of the aluminium case and then finish it off with some brasso wadding, it makes it look like it's a solid silver top and you can see your face in it. Finish it off with some car polish.

http://freespace.virgin.net/borders.break/xfle.htm

xfle4.jpg

xfle2.jpg

Wordsworth

Apr 22, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #55 of 165
I finally got my interconnects back. So, now, I'm kind of stuck. Which end of the X-Feed is input and which is the output? I don't even know if it matters. I'm embarrased to ask, but I gotta know
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2003 at 8:04 AM Post #56 of 165
Quote:

Originally posted by Gallaine
I finally got my interconnects back. So, now, I'm kind of stuck. Which end of the X-Feed is input and which is the output? I don't even know if it matters. I'm embarrased to ask, but I gotta know
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't worry I ha tod ask the same thing when I got mine.

I haven't used mine x-feed for a bit as my current amp is a DAC/amp so there is noway of connecting it up. However if I remember correct the orange sticker denotes input.

I'm sure Mike will correct me if I am wrong.

Mark

Apr 23, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #58 of 165
Thanks. I've got it hooked up now. My interconnects only have 24 hours of burn-in but I'm going to go ahead and give the X-Feed a listen.

Apr 23, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #59 of 165
I just got my X-feed too!! Thanks PinkFloyd.

But I have one newbie question, which is left channel? Is it left channel in red?? I just want to make sure what I think is correct.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back