A review of Rhapsodio R-1L: From a perspective of an average newbie
Apr 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #16 of 23
Thanks, i do not have your golden ears so I was really nervous when I was writing this and that is why I was keep PM'ing you. I would love to see R-1L sent to rico for an objective testing and I love to hear your opinion on this.  

When I write a review I do my best to hate the product as much as I can, so I tried my best to be as fair as I can be based on the very limited experience I have on head-fi and my audio-gear.
They have announced on their FB that the provided plugin extension should improve the sound greatly, assuming that problem solve my other guess is the final factor like all thing will be pricing. 

I know nothing on how much labour it takes to create an IEM but having said that all companies should look at what happen to Phonak and use that as a warning. Regardless of how good the Phonak 232 is market will not really pay that much for a Dual BA IEM. 
So with that I leave it there and will not comment more on pricing as once again i do not know anything about IEM making. I just assume all this are hand made as I do not see any pre-fabricated shelling like UE900 which can be glued together and this is why they cost that much.

I hope the other R-1L users come and comment on their pair.

Quote:
Nice review! Fair and balanced! (unlike the company that trademarked that slogan... *ahem*)

I think the distortion issue may have to do with their choice of resistors, but I don't know. Apparently, they posted on their Facebook that the problem was solved. They should exchange you a new one, seeing as you're an early adopter.

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #17 of 23
lol audionewb a golden ear is a healthy and happy one :wink:... Just don't overdo it as when you start loosing it you never get it back.

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 23
Sometimes I'll keep the IEMs in with no music lol. Tends to help even blocking out external noises. Something I miss about my customs. Noise-pollution can drive me insane :p.

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #22 of 23
I am really keen to hear the view of those who had the chance to listen to the R-1L at the New York head-fi meeting. Please if you did share you views with us. I am wondering if the one in the NY meeting had a different Sound Signature? 

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #23 of 23
Today I listened to some old school 70s and 80s pop, R-1L is not suitable for such music. It sounded too flat, there was not bass. The vocal was nice and sparkling but the bass was just lacking. 
So far my finding is that R-1L is really good for any acoustic based music, precuassion music sound very accurate, classical music however not symphony based. Pop, trance, dance can seem very flat and 1 dimensional.

My setup is DD Socket 1-->MHd-Q7-->R-1L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back