A Question that needs an Answer!
Dec 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #62 of 103
The fact that you felt the need to edit your post point out that you thought that I care about your opinion, and without any doubt you had scientifically valid evidence for that:wink:

Are you referring to the fact that my post is edited? I edit a lot of my posts. I tend to write fairly quickly, and I often rethink how I want to word things after they're posted. It has nothing to do with whether you care about my opinion or not (don't flatter yourself).

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #63 of 103
What happened to " I would recommend not engaging with him any further. " ?
Puting you in front of your own posts that contradict with each other seemed like fun, but..

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #65 of 103
smily_headphones1.gif

I tryed to show you fellas that demanding proves demonstrations here in forum is silly, I tryed to do it in a joking, in a friendly manner.
You sound like a cat that been petted against Its fur...

Im done.

you show nothing at all. a hd800 is very well known, we have pretty much all the measurements we could ask for. it's actually easy to know how much current and voltage will be needed to drive it at X loudness at any frequency.
for amps we're limited to values at 1khz on the specs given by the brand (but they know a lot more and you can usually ask them). still from the specs we can tell exactly what amp can or cannot provide what the hd800 will demand at 1khz. for other frequencies it would be more complicated without the ability to measure the output through the hd800 itself for some amps. but we could still make educated guesses and ensure some min/max values for most amps.
and the result of those educated guesses would be that most amps are perfectly able to handle a hd800 unless you plan to drive them at 150db. suggesting that what people call driving correctly is in fact mostly about signature change to make it less bright than the hd800 really is(with added distortion, or some roll off, or simply a high output impedance in this case).

and those claims of mine can be backed up by some amp specs, ohm's law, and tyll's measurements of the hd800. what do you have to back up your own claims? 3 friends who agree with you?
that's the reason why some responded to your post the way they did.
if you claim that you can't fly by shaking your arms, few people will ask for proof of your claim. because all of science knowledge up till now will tend to agree with that claim.
now if you were to claim that you can fly by shaking your arms, the burden of proof automatically falls on you. it's pretty simple and obvious.

now about most of your posts on this topic, I don't know what message you were expecting to send, but the one I received was you behaving like a difficult child and showing little respect toward other people. not sure it's a winning strategy nowadays.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #66 of 103
Now I get it, you are one of those men who need to have last word , that insecure ?:D
Well, be my guest..

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #69 of 103
Castleofarg, I wrote a post saying " there's a difference between driving hd from laptop headphone output and driving it with an amp. I also wrote that it's one thing to drive hd800 loud and it's another thing to drive hd800 to its full potential. Person who claimed there's no difference between laptop headphone output and amp, that hd800 doesn't need amp, I called that person ignorant"
For me there's more to the sound than loudness all over the frequency... And diagrams, lines...

So where's the problem?

Then came posts saying I need to provide demonstration to prove I actualy hear difference between driving hd800 from Auralic taurus or naim v1 and laptop headphone output, otherwise it's unsubstentiated ...

That's where I stoped taking it seriously and joked around.
I don't appriciate you talking down on me, and giving behaving advices.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #70 of 103
Castleofarg, I wrote a post saying " there's a difference between driving hd from laptop headphone output and driving it with an amp. I also wrote that it's one thing to drive hd800 loud and it's another thing to drive hd800 to its full potential. Person who claimed there's no difference between laptop headphone output and amp, that hd800 doesn't need amp, I called that person ignorant"
For me there's more to the sound than loudness all over the frequency... And diagrams, lines...

So where's the problem?

Then came posts saying I need to provide demonstration to prove I actualy hear difference between driving hd800 from Auralic taurus or naim v1 and laptop headphone output, otherwise it's unsubstentiated ...

That's where I stoped taking it seriously and joked around.
I don't appriciate you talking down on me, and giving behaving advices.

sure there is more than loudness. loudness is voltage, so there is more, there is current, resistance... ^_^.
I find it very interesting that 99% of people unable to deal with electricity in audio are those who firmly believe there is more to sound in audio gears than what we can measure. you know like having mostly non scientists rejecting climate change, or people without a computer telling us all about how computers are useless.

also I think you have interpreted some posts, I doubt anybody here said that laptops were driving a hd800 correctly.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #71 of 103

So where's the problem?

The problem is that you just called them ignorant without demonstrating any ignorance on their part. You simply insulted them and then started in with the hand-waving.

In other words, all you did was hurl a personal insult at them. If that's all you have to offer, then just get the hell out of here.

Then came posts saying I need to provide demonstration to prove I actualy hear difference between driving hd800 from Auralic taurus or naim v1 and laptop headphone output, otherwise it's unsubstantiated...

Because it is. And if you can't substantiate it, you have absolutely no business calling anyone "ignorant." Personal insults are not allowed here.

se

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #72 of 103
also I think you have interpreted some posts, I doubt anybody here said that laptops were driving a hd800 correctly.

"Even a humble laptop headphone-out will suffice with something like the HD800." Post#35 by limpidglitch

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #73 of 103
Besides castleofargh, you taking it to extremes , either be all about measurements made by computers or being some kind of voodoo shaman with a stick and a necklace made of headphone drivers...

I think measurements made by computer are important and I do believe there will be always more to the sound that we can measure...

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #74 of 103
I think measurements made by computer are important and I do believe there will be always more to the sound that we can measure...

You're free to believe whatever you like. But in the Sound Science forum, we don't operate on unsubstantiated beliefs. As has already been pointed out, there are plenty of other forums here where you're free to prostheletize whatever suits your fancy. So I suggest you go to one of these other forums. Otherwise, all you're doing here is just trolling and insulting people.

se

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #75 of 103
"Even a humble laptop headphone-out will suffice with something like the HD800." Post#35 by limpidglitch

Indeed I did, and I still stand by it fully.

There are caveats, however. Laptop-outputs aren't all the same, and if you look you'll be able to find both good and bad examples.
But the central point still stand: it's the electrical parameters of the source, and those of the load you intend to drive, that decide whether it's a match fit for purpose. Not price, brand name or fashion.
Transparent is transparent, as bigshot likes to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back