A question for gun owners: Springfield XD or HK USP?
Sep 5, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 31
It’s really just personal preference at this level. H+K, Springfield, Sig and Glock are all excellent, have great customer support and have good resale value.

Have you seen the H+K P7’s that have come on the market recently? They are German Police Pistols that have been decommissioned. Most have little to no use with only holster wear. The market is soft and down 25% with the recent influx of pistols. If you ever thought about getting one now’s a good time.

I’m thinking of getting a Sig P226 X5 L1. It’s really nice and fits my hand like it was made for me.

Mitch

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #17 of 31
The shop I was in didn't have any Sig's just S&W's, XD's, Baby Eagles and of course Beretta's
plainface.gif
The Baby Eagles were comfy but damn they are heavy... just like dad
wink.gif

I'm going to hit up another store today to look at the Sig's but so far the XD felt the best in my hand. My wife liked the M&P the best for its smaller grip and interchangeable pieces.

vpivinylspinner - Having owned both what differences did you find in performance, trigger pull, accuracy, etc.?

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so far the XD felt the best in my hand. My wife liked the M&P the best for its smaller grip and interchangeable pieces.

That and reliability are all that should matter.

GAD

Sep 5, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vpivinylspinner - Having owned both what differences did you find in performance, trigger pull, accuracy, etc.?

I could shoot the XD much more accurately but that was mostly because I didn't get along the the LEM trigger on my USP. I still prefer Glock triggers to both and 1911 triggers to everything else but the very best revolvers. I personally think the H&K is a stronger gun as it is VERY well built but both models were very reliable. I can't remember a hiccup out of either.

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #21 of 31
The match trigger in my tactical hk is pretty darn nice. It's not a 1911, but really, that's an advantage in a carry gun. If you're not gonna drill CONSTANTLY, you shouldn't be carrying condition 1 with a 1911. I don't like glock triggers at all.

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #22 of 31
I own an USP 40, love it, however the price of the XD and the package that comes with it is pretty decent. I've heard nothing but good things about both. I tend to like the safety and decocking lever on the USP.

Sep 19, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #23 of 31
Wake I own a h&k USP compact .40 Stainless Slide (nite sites) MP3 Laser/Flash Combo.

I have fired over 5000 rounds with this fun without a single jam?

It's a workhorse and was once used by the Navy seals as a standard weapon!

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #25 of 31
Keep 'em both. Now that my 1911 clone is throated and reliable I feel no need for any other pistol. I have a .22 conversion kit for it too, so I'm covered.

Laz

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #26 of 31
You're good with either. I think it's more up to your budget as they're in different price points. (I went with the USP) I've heard good things about the P2000 and really good things about the upcoming HK P30 if you're in the market for a 9mm.

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard its hard to get spare parts for the XD? anyone confirm this?

If by hard you mean "Springfield absolutely refuses to send any spare parts to you", sure. Parts ordering is limited to recoil springs, mags, and sights. Their position is that they have a lifetime warranty for the pistol, so selling/sending spare parts is unnecessary.

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #29 of 31
wakeride74: What are your specific threats and tactical needs? How severe are those threats? What are your training habits and budget for those scenarios and contingencies? What do your county and state laws mandate for handguns? Which caliber do you need: 9mm Parabellum, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .45 GAP to win? You repeated that the Springfield Armory SA-XD felt best in your hands; the handgun that fits best in your hands and aligns itself to the radii and ulnae bones improves safety, skill, and confidence altogether. In my experience, personal preferences decide the selection process to find the best tools for the job. I prefer the SigArms P226 Navy: http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=191 . However, I do love the Heckler & Koch MK.23 MOD 0 OHWS: http://www.hk-usa.com/le_mark23_general.html with the LAM and Knights Armnaments flash/sound suppressor. The Smith & Wesson M&P 45 Dark Earth Brown's http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...egory_rn=15711 , "scallops" tear soft tissue even when wearing gloves! It is up to you to answer your questions about accuracy, precision, and performance. H&K armorers can adjust the trigger pull to meet your needs, but it is better to become a certified armorer in the long run. H&K triggers are smooth and crisp with no need for fancy aftermarket replacements or modifications. Remember: you can not just aim, you must hit what you aim!

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #30 of 31
I will say think of the hk as a porche and the xd is a ford. The tolerences and build quality of the hk product is far superior to the xd however much like everyone can not handle a porche or drive it will the hk is more difficult to be proficiant with at first I have experienced this and heard it from many in my club. However as you adjust to it it will be the more accurate gun.

Some people that don't or can't adjust seem to by glocks! Lol

Seriously the xd value is hard to beat but it is no hk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back