A question for gun owners: Springfield XD or HK USP?
Sep 5, 2007 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
If you were going to own one of the two (regardless of caliber) which one would it be? Which one would be considered the better gun?

Springfield XD or HK USP

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 31
both are good pistols but HK anything tends to be priced higher than it needs to be

a new XD will run ~$500ish where a new USP is $700-800

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 31
Both are good, but after trying out a few, I prefer the way the USP feels. The weight distribution makes it feel more solid IMO, and I like the way the grip feels better.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 31
M&P45 if I have to go polymer. American made, excellent ergonomics, great shooter. Also economical compared to the HK. Not so much compared to the Springer once you consider that there are a ton of used XDs on the market.

Otherwise, the Springfield. Both are good, but I prefer the XD's trigger and ergonomics. Plus the XD-45 Compact (CCO style format) is great. Also, if you do have problems with the gun, Springfield is a hell of a lot easier to deal with than HK.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 31
I held the M&P .45 and thought it was pretty nice but I really liked the feel of the XD in the 5". I actually have a .40 HK that I like pretty good but I was in a gun store today and felt like it was time for a change, I just didn't want it to be a downgrade if I traded my HK in. I don't really have any gripes with the HK but after holding the XD and M&P the both just felt better in my hand and seemed to have a better trigger design.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 31
HK.

Personally, I'd spring for a Sig 229.
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Its_Cole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would go with a Glock. They are the best bang for the buck but of the two, I prefer the H&K. You really can not go wrong with any of the three. In the end go with what feels best in your hand.

Yeah, the Glock would generally be a first tier rec based on history, but the large frame Glocks (G20/21) are about as ergonomic as a brick. Better than the Mk. 23 though.

Sep 5, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #15 of 31
I have owned both. My HK is utterly dependable but I like the Springfield ergonomics a bit better. I feel the fit and finish of the H&K might be a bit better but it was also 2-300 more. My HK had the LEM module and I just couldn't get used to the trigger pull. The compact Springfield XD-45 is a nice carry gun and mine has been very reliable. The Springfield is also a great deal. I do feel that the Glock 21 and 30 are great weapons and I can shoot them more accurately than I can the Springfield and HK.

With that being said, if I was going to buy another .45 it would definitely be another 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back