A pair of iem for edm and fast paced music
May 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

muqrinaim

New Head-Fier
Hi,I'm searching for a pair of iem for edm and fast paced music.can someone suggest me a pair?my budget is around $150.the ones that caught my eye at the moment are the yamaha eph 100,sonic gr07 bass edition,song xba h1,shure se215 special edition,velodyne vpulse and some others.im really interested in the eph 100 alot of websites and reviewers said these are awesome.hope you guys can help me out im really a newbie in this audio industry.btw i want something with superb bass(tight,quatity,quality)

May 23, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 9
I am no veteran neither but I have first hand experience with Sony XBA-H1, the bass is powerful thank to the dynamic driver, coupled with the BA driver the clarity is good, but the bass is somewhat overpowering the treble and there is a roll off above ~15khz, great for bassheads.

I also own the XBA-4, it has good amount of snappy bass in both quality and quantity, and there is no treble roll off courtesy of the tweeter driver. You can clearly hear all the instruments as well, plus the sound stage is wide, some songs I used to hear stereo sounds like surround. Very good for EDM, but you need search harder to find it below $150, or go for second hand.

I mostly listen to EDM (trance, house, electro) and I love the XBA-4s.

EDIT: XBA-4 is said to be picky on sources due to low impedance, but it sounded fine with J3(2.5ohm output impedance or something)

May 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 9
Can't really go wrong with EPH-100, the micro driver in that IEM is rather fast, I remember it pulling off some fast metal tracks rather well. It has bass impact you'd want for EDM while not bleeding excessively into the mid-range. Instrument separation is above average, it has good PRaT too which means: 'pace rhythm & timing', good ability to get your foot tapping, involving

The only other IEM I would recommend is Dunu DN-1000 hybrid for around $189 USD. it does EDM very well. however while it's dynamic driver isn't the fastest you'd be getting much better sound overall than EPH-100.

GR07 is a good choice as well. While I don't have experience with GR07 BE the MK2 did EDM very well, it's really the jack of all trades and versatile to many genre's. You could even consider the GR07 Classic which is just $99 now. It's basically the original GR07.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR07-MK2-MKII-Classical-Color-Version-High-Fidelity-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/121237473047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3a510717

My picks for you would be in this order

DN-1000
GR07 MK2 (Classic)
EPH-100

May 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 9
  Can't really go wrong with EPH-100, the micro driver in that IEM is rather fast, I remember it pulling off some fast metal tracks rather well. It has bass impact you'd want for EDM while not bleeding excessively into the mid-range. Instrument separation is above average, it has good PRaT too which means: 'pace rhythm & timing', good ability to get your foot tapping, involving

The only other IEM I would recommend is Dunu DN-1000 hybrid for around $189 USD. it does EDM very well. however while it's dynamic driver isn't the fastest you'd be getting much better sound overall than EPH-100.

GR07 is a good choice as well. While I don't have experience with GR07 BE the MK2 did EDM very well, it's really the jack of all trades and versatile to many genre's. You could even consider the GR07 Classic which is just $99 now. It's basically the original GR07.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR07-MK2-MKII-Classical-Color-Version-High-Fidelity-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/121237473047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3a510717

My picks for you would be in this order

DN-1000
GR07 MK2 (Classic)
EPH-100

Damn, I already bought the EPH-100s but are they noticeably far behind the DN-1000s for EDM? I'm just wondering if the $70+ is justified. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back