A not so ghetto Grado mod (;
May 2, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #18 of 42
Those are sooo cool!!! It looks very nice. Not even close to ghetto.

May 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by washa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow that's awesome!

I kind of wish i got the sr80i now instead of the sr80... if only i can get just the cups somewhere lol

Buy some wooden cups and mod them.

Let the bling commence!

Nylan

May 9, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by washa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow that's awesome!

I kind of wish i got the sr80i now instead of the sr80... if only i can get just the cups somewhere lol

It may work, I will go try it out at J&R tomorrow because I'd really want to do this as well and I don't have the improved Grados. I have my fingers crossed! I will check back with the results when I try this out.
beyersmile.png

May 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #25 of 42
Has anyone checked up if the sony band fits it?? I rather dish out $22 to sony than $40 for a headset I am going to dismantle.

Edit: I'm an idiot it was AU didn't notice. So the price difference is not that big ~$10

Now I have to find somewhere that ships to the US....

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #28 of 42
Found some old microsoft headset ones and a pair of old sonys that were undergoing a recabling...

While the sony ones aren't actually attached (done solely as a test), I'm thinking I might find a way to attach them as the headphones have no clamping force and are so light! They have the comfort of the AD700s with the beauty of the Grado sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #29 of 42
As an update to the above, I chucked the MS-1's into the cups of the Sony's I had lying around and it turned out to be an unimaginably amazing fit. The comfy pads are the EXACT same size as the cups..

Oh so comfortable... Zero clamping force!

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #30 of 42
pee-pee King,

That is a great mod. As much as I liked the Sr60's with my ipod, the style was just silly to walk around town with it....
I wish Grado would change the headband style for its lower end models (SR60, 80) as they do look too retro for outside use. For upper models its fine since it gets used mostly at home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back