A not so ghetto Grado mod (;
Jun 7, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pee-pee King,

That is a great mod. As much as I liked the Sr60's with my ipod, the style was just silly to walk around town with it....
I wish Grado would change the headband style for its lower end models (SR60, 80) as they do look too retro for outside use. For upper models its fine since it gets used mostly at home...

I think you would find that the general Grado fan-bois and gurls would get upset over a headband change.

It's part of owning a grado.

Nylan

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #32 of 42
Those look great. Just a heads up, I think you may have trouble getting the Beyer headband over that. It fits pretty tight on the stock Grado headband already.

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #33 of 42
IMG_3393%20(Large).JPG

IMG_3390%20(Large).JPG

sony mdr-v150 headband. had to file down the mounting nubs in length and thickness to get it to fit.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #34 of 42
Oooooh that looks even better, and more minimalistic! And I bet the Beyer headband pad will fit better over the unpadded MDR-V150 headband.

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #38 of 42
That's a stunning mod!
smily_headphones1.gif
I really hate Grado's stock headband...

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #40 of 42
Now that I have my Grado's, I don't think the headband is as terrible as people make it out to be? Plus I'm a little worried about getting the right angle with a normal headband.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #42 of 42

Quote:
I was messing around with one of my brothers spare headsets, an el cheapo Power Wave thing. Horrible headphones, but they have a half decent self adjusting headband. After taking the thing apart I found that the Grado SR80i housing could be fit into the headband seamlessly. No mods to the Grado housing at all so it's completely reversible.I have to say that it's many times more comfortable than the stock set. The drivers only swivel 180 degrees meaning no more tangled Y split. They're also foldable, if that means anything. I'm going to order a Beyer headband to put over it as a finishing touch but I'm very happy with the current result. I'm pretty sure these are the headphones I used, except mine was USB. I have no idea where you can source them though.I'll try post details if people are interested...Here are some pics:

im really sorry to resurect an old thread but, you would happen to remember how you did this, would you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back