a nod to someone who has served us well
Mar 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #228 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the idea of the full version Eagle, plus, whatever good headphones can be purchased with the remainder of the funds.

x2

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #230 of 372
Yes, it was mainly the 160mm x 100mm board limit we have been fighting against (some of you guys know what I’m talking about).
wink.gif

From both electrical and mechanical perspective, this limitation had a huge (negative) impact on many aspects of the design:
from circuit concept to implementation, from component choices and placement, layout routing to considerations regarding EMI...

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #231 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has a Standard Non-Profit version

Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he has a step above the free version = Eagle standard

Is the upgrade from Non-Profit to Pro the same price as the normal Standard version? I understand the Non-Profit is ~$125 whereas the Standard is $747. Is it $1400 or $800 to upgrade? Eagle Pro is $1494, upgrade is *usually* the price difference between the packages.

Can we confirm the package he has and the true upgrade price? I know there were some numbers thrown around, but it seems to be targeting $500.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #232 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we confirm the package he has and the true upgrade price? I know there were some numbers thrown around, but it seems to be targeting $500.

I asked:

"We do not have a non-profit license that is a Professional Edition currently on the market. If you wish to upgrade to a Professional Edition you would need to pay the difference between the non-profit and the Professional."

I think that figure originally came from conversations with Alex during various proto processes... and is unverified...

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #233 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet.

x6 on Ferrari

OK, now we win.
smily_headphones1.gif

What, so then you get 3 votes?

What's the point of asking this, if you want to donate, donate; if not, not.

Trying to prod more people into donating.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #234 of 372
It is too late to donate? or is it actually open until tomorrow?

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #235 of 372
I'm certain it's not too late to donate.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #236 of 372
it is never too late
wink.gif
, I set a month as I thought smeggy may have had the woodies done in that time frame but we can keep it open for longer if need be ..dB

regarding the eagle upgrade - there are several options if you have a look at the web site = i know he opted for the $500 version which allowed for schematic and board layout with a restriction of 100x160 , the autorouting is not included in that package. An upgrade to no board restrictions but without the autorouting is another $500 , to add autorouting pushes the cost up further - he likes a good layout chanllenge
wink.gif
, would hate to take away all the fun.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #237 of 372
Quote:

it is never too late
wink.gif
, I set a month as I thought smeggy may have had the woodies done in that time frame but we can keep it open for longer if need be ..dB

regarding the eagle upgrade - there are several options if you have a look at the web site = i know he opted for the $500 version which allowed for schematic and board layout with a restriction of 100x160 , the autorouting is not included in that package. An upgrade to no board restrictions but without the autorouting is another $500 , to add autorouting pushes the cost up further - he likes a good layout chanllenge
wink.gif
, would hate to take away all the fun.

but maybe he would like to try and "beat" the computer.
tongue.gif

He does his own layout then tries the auto router. Maybe the automated one will give him some ideas?

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #238 of 372
Great. Donation sent. I hope that it helps us get to whatever we end up going for. I would also vote for the upgrade, as it seems like there is enough money to get 2 good pairs of phones plus the DIY pair and the upgrade.

I just helped a friend finish a bijou (it sounds great) and I love my CK2III, which I know alex helped with. It is nice to be able to give back to such a talented designer.

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #239 of 372
Quote:

know he opted for the $500 version which allowed for schematic and board layout with a restriction of 100x160 , the autorouting is not included in that package.

OK, it sounds like he doesn't have the non-profit standard version and had the general license standard version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back