A new Y-splitt!!
Feb 4, 2006 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

hoosterw

500+ Head-Fier
Well here it is, I am not happy with it so I did not mount the RCA's, I am going to redo it.
The RCA's are only fitted for the pic.

2006-02-0417-05-41_0004.jpg

But in general the looking is kinda smart, not?

Feb 4, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 18
NICE!

And dayom, check the bling WBT Next-Gen RCA's. I personally can't justify $55/pr RCAs but more power to you man. I just hope the cable that you used along with them befits the price tag!

Nate

Feb 4, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
NICE!

And dayom, check the bling WBT Next-Gen RCA's. I personally can't justify $55/pr RCAs but more power to you man. I just hope the cable that you used along with them befits the price tag!

Nate

Well these are the Cu version not the AG, but still pricy! about 30US/pcs.
I use 99,99% silver for both strands and shielding, that should benefit the RCA's I think
rolleyes.gif

But I still find the Y a little messy. You see too well were the sleeving ends in the Y. I really wonder how I can change that.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Hans.

Feb 4, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw
But I still find the Y a little messy. You see too well were the sleeving ends in the Y. I really wonder how I can change that.

I think it gives it a nice progressive look and wouldn't worry about it. Can't really think of how you could do it differently.

Nate

Feb 4, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 18
It looks very nice! You could take the heat-shink off and take some strong nylon carpet thread and bind the two tighter where they come closer to meeting the split, then reheatshrink it, but I don't think it's really necessary.

Feb 4, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 18
Thanks for the comments guys.

As to the splitt, I want to splitt as far from the source connector as possible, since the L + R wires are twisted to get the best dielectricum.

I also thought to remove the shrinking and glue the unevenesses and then reshrink again. But I would like to have it first time right you know.

Well,

All in life is knowledge and experience, ain't that right?

580smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Rgds have a good nights sleep now.

Hans

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #9 of 18
about the only thing i can think of to improve that joint would be a "premanufactured" "y-split" sleve. either heatshrink, or the slip on ones.

that looks AWSOME though.

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
about the only thing i can think of to improve that joint would be a "premanufactured" "y-split" sleve. either heatshrink, or the slip on ones.

that looks AWSOME though.

Where can you buy these pre maid sleeves?

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #13 of 18
not a huge deal but are those PE pants themselves shrinkable? id just put shrink out past the ends to secure them but would be interested to know if they shrunk themselves, even if it was just a little bit.

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #14 of 18
Maybe you could do something like this:
cabley.jpg

Where the one on top is they way you did it. All this would take is cutting the insides of the sleeving to match eachother, like fitting two pieces of wood together for crown molding or something. They could be glued together and then heatshrunk. This would eliminate the bulkiness at the y.

Anyways, just a thought.

-John

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
Maybe you could do something like this:
Where the one on top is they way you did it. All this would take is cutting the insides of the sleeving to match eachother, like fitting two pieces of wood together for crown molding or something. They could be glued together and then heatshrunk. This would eliminate the bulkiness at the y.

Anyways, just a thought.

-John

Hi John, that is a good idea. I also found shrinking sleeve that shrinks 1:3 and has glue inside. They could be used for y-splitt because the glue seals of between the two departing strands, if you know what I mean. I have ordered some samples.
POLYOELFIN.jpg

I'll post results but it might takes some time because the have to come from the UK to NL.

But the cutting is certainly a good idea.

Rgds Hans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back