1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

A new mp3 player with line-in record function

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bart1981, Dec 28, 2012.
  1. Bart1981
    A few days ago my girlfriend washed my sporting clothes, and with them my Cowon J3 32GB player [​IMG] Tried to revive it after I let it dry on the heater for 2 days, but no luck. 

So now I have to find an other MP3 player, but to be honest I do not have the money at this time to buy a mp3 player at the same price range as the J3, so I have to find something else. (I prefer a new player above a second hand player) Gooed audio qulaity is a big preference.

Capacity: 16GB or 32GB. 16GB preferbly with an microSD slot. 
    Budget: Around €150 (about $200) but less is better. 
    Use: I do not watch movies on it, I listen music and I use it to record my mixing sessions I make with my pioneer gear. 
    Type/Design: Digital audio player, more focused on music or no video at all.
    Features: Line input(!!!!), Bluetooth would be nice but it's not a real hard demand 
    Display: yes please, not bigger then around 3.5"
    UI/Controls: Touchscreen is what I'm used to. 
    Battery life: Great battery life would be great, as long as I do not have the charge de player after every 15 hours. 

2. Bart1981
    Ok, other thougts at this moment. 

Today I managed to get my hands on a cable (tulip to minijack with ferrite core) and tried to record a short peace on my laptop and know it was completely distortion free. So the line-in function of the mp3 player now becomes a less big issue.

All I need now is a mp3 player, with a good audio quality, which can handle my Atrios (the Sansa clip for example has an output which is way too low for there IEMs), preferby has bluetooth on it, a minimum of 16GB storage (preferbly more or an expansion slot, if there is an expension slot for a microSDHC card, then 4GB is also just fine), gappless playback and with a maximum of $200,00

First I was thinking of buying an Cowon C2 4GB on ebay for about €80,00 and an 32GB MicroSDHC class 10 for about €25,00 then I'll have a DAP with 36GB for just a bit over €100,00. The only thing I'm missing then is the bluetooth. So what other options would there be?