A New Chapter in Audiophile Excellence: Celebrating the Dekoni X HIFIMAN Cobalt
Jan 19, 2024 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
Hey Head-Fiers!

We're excited to share some fantastic news with our community at head-fi.org! The Dekoni X HIFIMAN Cobalt headphones, a unique collaboration between Dekoni Audio and HIFIMAN, has been making waves in the audiophile world. We couldn’t be more proud of the recognition these headphones have received, including the prestigious Hifitrends award for "Best Affordable Closed-Back Audiophile Headphones."
DJr80BnWGb8iQpGxrBBE60yoy96kwLklCTUT0OVGzckj12H4zuS-rPlED5-mfy7s7V-JNaRS3ljkt9OcunvdzFMMZ1De3GQ7k_hEMFbVQPg93l4Y5NiSceAB4pqnLWblJxC6urpI7_--fmyTmdrAMiE

Design and Comfort: A Blend of Expertise

The Cobalt features a familiar Hifiman design, including the headband and yokes, combined with the comfort and quality of Dekoni’s ear pads. These headphones offer two types of ear pads: Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin and Elite Velour, allowing you to tailor the sound and comfort to your preference.

Innovative Technology for Superior Sound

At the heart of the Cobalt lies a Hifiman-designed carbon-coated dynamic driver. This innovative technology allows for precise control over the diaphragm’s movement, resulting in exceptional detail retrieval, fast transients, and minimal distortion. The headphones present a neutral and transparent soundscape, faithfully reproducing music without embellishments.

CV7awT37lVit4tvkqhn3edZ7ew9TsZ_RR1la3TMP8AcOB9Osw_bB2azWJ4uClV3zD5VPDLzGqsNCwdmLRq1yrtUUAl6erdCBL_ZB1wQWzoCKmxrgmWZRJ9S8uPdZoKEzN93yTk-dTqB0mU4WxjQoBOs

Sound Characteristics: Midrange Mastery and Versatile Soundstage

The Cobalt excels in its midrange performance, offering clarity that brings out the emotional depth in vocals and instruments. While the bass is present, it's characterized more by its neutrality, providing clarity without overwhelming the sound. The treble is mellow and well-balanced, ensuring a non-fatiguing listening experience. The soundstage of the Cobalt is notably spacious and immersive, creating an engaging listening experience that is especially pronounced in acoustic, jazz, and vocal-centric music.

Perfect for Diverse Music Preferences

Whether you're a fan of classic tracks or contemporary hits, the Cobalt's ability to handle a wide range of genres stands out. Its midrange clarity makes it a great choice for music where vocals and instruments are in the spotlight.

Community-Approved

The recognition from Hifitrends is a testament to the Cobalt's quality and performance. But more importantly, it's the positive feedback from our audiophile community that truly marks the success of this collaboration.

xepNyGCrSV9KIgkDf0-PT66im4d6ijrfbbN6LtjwRuB-xijMkOkIC-H33syWi1b-SIgGBirO6OecZGKRPvfBlHytKO1e023-SxotvkbV6F40HqnqG4RNBmN33fqvfKTIZIKThpKqTTSBi8dE0QlunhM

Experience the Award-Winning Sound

We invite you to experience the Dekoni X HIFIMAN Cobalt for yourself. Join us in celebrating this achievement and immerse yourself in a world of refined audio excellence.

Try it for yourself today with a 40% discount. Ten people will be able to secure a Cobalt at $250 using the coupon code HifiTrendsCobalt at DekoniAudio.com. Try and see for yourself, all we ask is to leave and share your honest opinions!

You can find the HifiTrends 2023 awards here.
If you would like to read their full review, you can access it here.

Warm regards,
Dylan S.
Product Manager
Dekoni Audio

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 8
Based on what I heard of these at CanJam, that's a spectacular deal! Congrats on the award! I couldn't resist placing an order at that price.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Hifitrends claims "This collaboration between Dekoni Audio and HIFIMAN combines advanced planar magnetic drivers" when Dekoni clearly states they're a "carbon-coated dynamic driver". Pretty big fail by Hifitrends on something that's arguably the most important piece of a headphone. Credibility gone.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 8
Well deserved. I prefer these over other closedbacks I've heard(HFM Sundara closed, R10D, Audeze LCD2CB, Beyerdynamic T70, Focal Celestee.) They don't match the dynamics of the Audio-Technica AWAS but that's a $900 headphone that doesn't play well with all music. What HFM topology headphones share to my ears however is an effortless sound usually found in higher end & open back headphones, by that I mean it can be difficult to gauge volume levels as they never sound strained or grainy.

One thing that should be stated regarding volume is that their efficiency limits amp selection; many amps have far too much gain. This is a common issue with amps designed for low-eff planars; careful amp selection or a gain switch is critical.

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Wow! Seem an incredible deal with coupon. Gotta share this asap on Chifi Love.
I love the color and closed back is always welcome.
Mid centric tonality is a refreshing approach too. I wonder how piano and saxo sound with these..

Very unexpected yet exciting release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back