A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 2, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #167 of 386
Apex Atoll

all the circular, blue stuff with nuclear reference

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #169 of 386
  Someone may think the other way but I want to share mine: Those shiny leds around the volume knob are not a good idea "IMO". Too much eye catching... IMO

FWIW... you can also set the LEDs to a mode in which only one LED is lit, instead of all the ones below.  "Dot mode" vs. "Bar mode".   The brightness is also adjustable.

These settings are programmed in a setup mode, and are stored in internal flash memory so they remain unless you change them again.

Pete

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #173 of 386
First off...this amp looks AWESOME!  No doubt it sounds just as awesome!

Given your previous names....Pinnacle (a National Park and also describing a peak of a mountain), and Teton (a mountain range inside a National Park...namely Yellowstone), I'm going to have to stick with that theme...and what does the look of the "P2X" remind me of?  

I'm naming it "Half Dome" for the peak in Yosemite National Park...the amp/pre reminds me of Half Dome...and the sound quality no doubt will make me blow my dome!  HAHA!

Also, the tube reminds me of Liberty Cap, which is part of the Half Dome geography...and all the ice/snow up there..and HELL, it matches my screen name too!

:)

Thanks all...I love a good competition!

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #176 of 386
I was so excited by entering a name that I just reread the rules..... You need to be present to win.....What that sucks. I am no way going to be able to be there if my name is picked. That renders my entry useless!!!

holy crap man...

Dyslexia is a horrible thing.. disregard my post and carry on.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #177 of 386
I was so excited by entering a name that I just reread the rules..... You need to be present to win.....What that sucks. I am no way going to be able to be there if my name is picked. That renders my entry useless!!!

"You need NOT be present to win..."

Fear not. :smile:

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #178 of 386

DUDE!!  Check your eyes.....  "The winner will be chosen by Todd and Pete, and announced Saturday night in the CanJam room at RMAF.  You need not be present to win..."

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #180 of 386
Wonder why this desktop headphone amplifier running off a power supply is not designed with 1/4 headphone jack ? 

Could it be that it target market segment of mid-price full-size headphones  as nowadays they come standard with 1/8 inch jack ( eg grado ps500e, grado ps500e, focal spirit series headphones) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back