A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 1, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #108 of 386
Apex Solstice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice

solstice is an astronomical event that occurs twice each year as the Sun reaches its highest or lowest excursion relative to the celestial equator on the celestial sphere. The solstices, together with the equinoxes, are connected with the seasons. In many cultures the solstices mark either the beginning or the midpoint of winter and summer.

The LED lighting that moves around the volume knob reminded me of the rising and setting of the sun. It is also a term pertaining to geology. Also, Considering many of your brand and product names mean "top" or "highest point" (e.g. Apex, Peak, Pinnacle), I think it is a fitting name as solstice can also mean the highest point from a celestial point of view.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #109 of 386
Apex Core

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #110 of 386
The Apex Aurora, as in Aurora Borealis/Australis. I'm thinking about the glow from the tube and the ethereal quality of music when it sounds its best.

Already taken!!! Nuts!

The Apex Monadnock    Named after a mountain in southern New Hampshire which means 'an isolated hill or ridge or erosion-resistant rock rising above a peneplain.' This is a mountain that I hiked on often while an undergrad at Franklin Pierce...it doesn't roll off the tongue like Aurora, but it's an actual geographic term and a place that is near and dear to me.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #112 of 386
The Apex Aquifer (Aquifer - a body of saturated rock or sediment through which water can move readily)

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #120 of 386
Apex Apatite.

Apatite is a type of phosphate mineral that has thermoluminescence properties, meaning it is able to emit a small amount of light when heated. Alludes to the soft glowing and warm tubes.
The apatite's color is similar to the glowing tube in the picture as well! Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back