A look at the new Sennheiser HDV 820 on Head-Fi TV!
Apr 28, 2017 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

This weekend at the Fujiya Avic Tokyo Headphone Festival, Sennheiser is showing their brand-new DAC/amplifier, the HDV 820. We had an early look of the HDV 820 at Head-Fi HQ, and you check out our initial impressions of the newest addition to Sennheiser’s DAC/amp lineup in this episode of Head-Fi TV.

Sennheiser HDV 820 - Head-Fi TV - produced by Jude Mansilla and Brian Murphy

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 35
exciting news indeed looking forward to hearing impression.
Man this took a long time between announcement and actual product final production and now I understand why. Lots of improvements and the new balanced connectors are probably what delayed it or deciding on the DAC options and implementation.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #6 of 35
Is that what they were talking about on Facebook, "The headphone game is going to change forever!"? I wouldn't think so.

sennheiser-ad.jpg

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 35
Looks very nice - but maybe disappointing in two ways.
- The HD800S which this matches in color and which they state to be "an ideal partnership for the ultimate audiophile listening experience" was released nearly 1½ years ago now. They missed the magnitude of the "full package buying crowd" opportunity there. I think it would at least have helped some people, me included, if they did put out some teasers, or updates regarding the HDVD820 in black chassis, but we only got radio silence.

- Remote control support, while not used by everyone, is seen nowadays in many amp/dac combo units. Either as standard or extra option.

Fastnbulbous, now that is exciting! It doesn't look like a conventional driver, and since it is "reborn" an a "legend", perhaps a new HE60, considering they already have the HE1? Exciting times we live in!

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 35
My guess is that the 820 combo is coming out together in July.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 35
Excited to hear what Sennheiser has been up to!

Enjoying my HD700 and possibly my vintage HD250s even more :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 35
Why does this have only one 3-pin XLR? What's the point of that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back