A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 24, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #991 of 3,124
To summarize, here is the sequence my Alien goes into when the volume down button is long pressed after starting up my Alien:

First long press: Album repeat mode (folder repeat)
Second long press: Default mode
Third long press: Song shuffle mode
Fourth long press: Default mode

I can confirm the shuffle mode, in addition turning off the alien disengages it.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #992 of 3,124

Something I discovered just yesterday is that it seems that my Alien has multiple playback modes.  Default playback is just as described in this thread, playing songs sequentially in order from folder to folder.  If I long press the volume down button for a few seconds an audible click is heard and song proceeds to the first song in the next folder just as if you long pressed the next song button.  From here, if I continue to let songs play, after the last song in that particular folder plays, the first song in that folder begins again.  The same result is achieved if I short press the next button to cycle through songs in that folder.  I think this is "repeat album" mode.  If I long press the volume down button again, the Alien goes to the first song in the next folder and default mode resumes.  However, after long pressing the volume down button a third time and advancing to the next song, the Alien goes into "shuffle" mode and seems to randomly play songs found on the entire SD card.  Finally, long pressing the volume down button a fourth time puts my Alien back into default playback mode.  From then on, the cycle repeats.  If I turn the Alien off while in shuffle mode and turn it back on, default mode resumes.  I am wondering if your Alien's have the same feature?  If so, it seems the Alien does indeed have a shuffle mode that will definitely make the Alien a more desirable player to own!

To summarize, here is the sequence my Alien goes into when the volume down button is long pressed after starting up my Alien:

First long press: Album repeat mode (folder repeat)
Second long press: Default mode
Third long press: Song shuffle mode
Fourth long press: Default mode

Are you the first to "discover" this on this thread? If so, then holy smokes man, this is the shuffle discovery of the century! Kudos!
beerchug.gif

As silly as this may sound, this makes the Alien something that I might now consider getting. Very cool.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #999 of 3,124
If I learn to mod then ill definitely try it , but now ill be comparing the alien with my coming cayin n6
wink.gif

Tried their prototype somewhere but that has bad contact so no comment yet.... and i wonder if they will change the start up photo...
burn your music!

The build is quite sturdy tho.... but still that square in the circle feels weird...

square_in_a_circle_in_a_square.jpg

speaking of cayin their headphone amps are cheap and quite nicely built, while there are some tube amp kits which include nicely shaped wood parts, not bad not bad

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #1,004 of 3,124

Are you the first to "discover" this on this thread? If so, then holy smokes man, this is the shuffle discovery of the century! Kudos!
beerchug.gif

As silly as this may sound, this makes the Alien something that I might now consider getting. Very cool.

I doubt I'm the first to truly "discover" this, but I wanted to mention what I did to engage the shuffle mode to see if it works for others.  I have been able to replicate this multiple times today, so it seems like it isn't some sort of glitch with my Alien.  If an intended feature, why hasn't this been mentioned on the manufacturer's website or a user manual provided in the box?  It is kind of baffling when you think about it because a shuffle feature would certainly be a selling point.  Hopefully some others can chime in and verify their units also contain a shuffle mode.  Maybe it is a feature added to the newest batch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back