A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 23, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #962 of 3,124
  3600 EURO you mean…..
deadhorse.gif

lol! Payable in gold only

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #964 of 3,124
I was under the impression that the Alien could only handle 44.1k/24b files, yet I am seeing them advertised as being able to handle 96k/24b. Can someone confirm as mine won't show up till next week.

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #966 of 3,124
Why you hating on yanni :disappointed:

Not hating on Yanni! Just that Yanni tunes are a wee bit mellower and easier on the 'ol Alien than Led Zeppelin 
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I recently got sucked into spotify premium, and thought "I know diddly squat about Yanni, let's do a search". Ended up listening to a day's worth of Yanni and quite a bit of it was excellent!

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #967 of 3,124
Since i got the alien, i only listened through my jh16 which sounded amazing,

Today i tried testing with other equipment,

I tried the mad dogs, at start volume it sounded good, i personally find the instrument seperation on the mad dogs amazing + the shozy its even more awesome but needed more volume, so i raised the volume and on the current song wow, started moving to other songs with more bass, then there was a strange distortion and the volume was not high enough to distort, i dont know if that is normal or may be the cans collected some dust and need to be cleaned, i will update if i find out whats wrong ..

also tried it with the m-100 and its amazing, very musical and the bass is just hitting hard, the best i have heard out of the m100 yet, there seem to be a good synergy to that combination.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #969 of 3,124
Thanks Tympan. This actually makes a huge difference in the number of hi quality files available for download.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #975 of 3,124
I just spend 20 minutes converting 2 albums from 24/192 down to 24/96. I also imported an album in 24/88 and one regular 16/44, all four in Flac on a blank new card.
16/44 works great
24/88 does not work at all
The two 24/98 take longer to load (about 10 seconds). First album skips to the following album when I just try skipping song (!)
Second album seems to work fine although, skipping songs sometimes takes 2 seconds and sometimes 10... and only play 4 out of 28 songs (Jazz at the Pawnshop)... 

I see what you  mean now. Darn! Oh well, I'm not so attached to "High res", lossless is fine enough for me as most of my music library is 16/44 Flac or Wave.

Well recorded lossless album sound pretty darn good already but yeap! there seems to be some issues of inconsistencies and bug of some sort in 24/96. Not quite there yet. Shozy should take the 24/96 claim off their product description if everyone is experiencing the same bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back