A little about the Shozy Alien
Dec 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #526 of 3,124
Oh *** my FF crashed and lost my massive long post... so forgive me and I'll cut right to the chase with some questions;

1) Paired with PFE 232's how do you think that combo might go? Hissy or not?
2) Exactly how loud can the Alien go? I need a lot of volume (for example Android is not enough)
3) When loading a new microsd card into the Alien, how quick is it to load/be playable? I'm imagining because the lack of UI/Library it's almost instant?

That's all for now,

Cheers

PS Merry xmas :)

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #527 of 3,124
  Oh *** my FF crashed and lost my massive long post... so forgive me and I'll cut right to the chase with some questions;

You'll have to find a member with both the PFE 232 and the Alien for a definite answer.
2) Exactly how loud can the Alien go? I need a lot of volume (for example Android is not enough)
Which Android phone are you using?  I think I read of a guy pairing his Alien with the HD600 a couple posts back.
3) When loading a new microsd card into the Alien, how quick is it to load/be playable? I'm imagining because the lack of UI/Library it's almost instant?
I dunno, you'll have to find out the answer from a member that actually has the Alien.

That's all for now,

Cheers

Merry Christmas to you too! eggnog>
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #528 of 3,124

Can't say for certain, but if they're prone to hiss (like SE535 / SE846 for example) then you might hear a little
You should have no problems getting plenty of volume - it's much louder (higher gain perhaps) than any phone I've used (Androids and Lumias)
Yes, very quick. It takes about 2-3 seconds from powering on to playing

That's all for now,

Cheers

Merry Christmas to you too! eggnog>
beerchug.gif

You always make me chuckle, Uberclocked. Merry Christmas to you and to everyone else hear on the Alien thread!

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #529 of 3,124
Merry Christmas to you too! eggnog>:beerchug:

sound is loud enough I haven't pushed it as far as it goes yet with all my Iem's and I used them with my 650 and it was ok but I used my cayin c5 to actually drive them . Song normally load pretty quick like 2-3 seconds if changing folder but normally toggle is quick.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #530 of 3,124
It takes me 9s from pushing the power button to starting. Can someone confirm if I have the latest version of the Alien? Model number is 00270. Custom service said it is but they can be FOS

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #531 of 3,124
Mine takes 8-9 seconds ^ so you're cool ^. Think Loquah had one to many coffee for Christmas.

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #534 of 3,124
Cheers guys, Merry Christmas

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #535 of 3,124
I think I'm about to take the plunge with this DAP, the only thing holding me back is my concern for volume (as i won't be amping). I will be using the alien with PFE 232's only, but I am accustomed to using 90-100% volume on most other DAPs (Cowon's, Sansa clips etc). For example every android device I have ever owned has never been loud enough with any app. The only exception to this is my rooted Xperia E1 to which I changed the volume values (changed to max) in the mixer_path file, this gets it kinda loud enough.

Can anyone confirm roughly how loud the alien really is? Anything to compare with?

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #536 of 3,124
  I think I'm about to take the plunge with this DAP, the only thing holding me back is my concern for volume (as i won't be amping). I will be using the alien with PFE 232's only, but I am accustomed to using 90-100% volume on most other DAPs (Cowon's, Sansa clips etc). For example every android device I have ever owned has never been loud enough with any app. The only exception to this is my rooted Xperia E1 to which I changed the volume values (changed to max) in the mixer_path file, this gets it kinda loud enough.

Can anyone confirm roughly how loud the alien really is? Anything to compare with?

If you care for my opinion you will have no problem at 47ohm with the 232, I've been able to drive 100ohm ER4S and still not need full volume.

And I do listen quite loud, trust Uncle H20 - you will be fine. 
regular_smile .gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #538 of 3,124

If you care for my opinion you will have no problem at 47ohm with the 232, I've been able to drive 100ohm ER4S and still not need full volume.

And I do listen quite loud, trust Uncle H20 - you will be fine. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Sounds good. For comparison I usually listened to almost max with Sansa clips, and around 35-40 (90-100%) on Cowon DAPs.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #539 of 3,124
Sounds good. For comparison I usually listened to almost max with Sansa clips, and around 35-40 (90-100%) on Cowon DAPs.

Ok, I have a Cowon J3 and Alien goes louder, put it this way, I've been able to listen at 37/40 on the J3 but still never maxed out the Alien with any IEM I've used. I've literally never gone to the last volume click. It will go as loud if not louder than a clip, actually quite powerful, within reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back