A little about the Shozy Alien
Dec 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #556 of 3,124

LOL then you should buy another wood box for your precious iems, it is quite packed inside.
that is inspired by certain cigar boxes and wood designs, another work fyi

another amp with industry first Class H power supp. and some other features, also with mcu inbuilt

No more hijacking haha

That sucks.  
frown.gif

Hype for the other amp though!
You know what else would be amazing?
If there was a groove going along the top of the casing for the rubber band to go in.

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #558 of 3,124

MY SENSE FOR BEAUTY DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU 
deadhorse.gif

it will look weird on its own if that is the case to make such a case.

I guess bundle a dremel alongside the amp then?  (So if we don't want a groove, then we don't have to have one)
EDIT: I found something: 

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #559 of 3,124
  I guess bundle a dremel alongside the amp then?  (So if we don't want a groove, then we don't have to have one)

I always prefer some 3M Stickers ( those for hanging objects on the wall)
don't really have such fetish to have things tied   nor elastic band bondage

EDIT: I found something: 

lol wut

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #560 of 3,124

Sure, that machine is self owned at my designer's place. anyhow OI is not very correlated to sound quality, matching is the key and it really depends on what you are using :p

It matters just because of the 1/8 rule. Not a problem for Alien, I think, it's meant for IEMs so the OI should be very low. X5 has OI of 0,26Ohm. M1 10Ohm... :)

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #561 of 3,124
  It matters just because of the 1/8 rule. Not a problem for Alien, I think, it's meant for IEMs so the OI should be very low. X5 has OI of 0,26Ohm. M1 10Ohm... :)

From my experience it should measure a very low number =)

Anyhow lets see.... will ask my tech buddy to check soon

It does matter but not that much as long as you aren't using a very sensitive single/dual driver BA iem with it, DD are most likely trouble free while ciems from 3ba onwards tends to have some moderately high impedance

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #562 of 3,124
I just had a thought.
Will the Alien blend? Methinks yes. Alien smoke, don't breathe this!

Dec 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #563 of 3,124
Does anyone know how Alien reads a file in a folder within a folder?

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #566 of 3,124

Have you ever wanted your Shozy to be able to act as a 'shuffle all' type player? Well now you can and here's how;

1) Using your favorite desktop pc music playing program (foobar, winamp etc) create a playlist with all the songs you'd like on your Alien Shozy (be sure that these are of course FLAC or WAV only). Now save that playlist somewhere easy (like desktop)

2) Download and install Amok Playlist Copy

3) Drag n drop the m3u playlist file into Amok Playlist Copy

4) Click Copy/Save and select 'Advanced Copy'

5) Select the Mircosd card (that is intended for the Shozy) as your Target Folder

6) Click Ok

7) Once completed, you should now have all the tracks on yer microsdcard that existed on the playlist, be sure to delete the 'playlist.m3u' file left behind as we won't be needing that.

8) Now download and install Python

9) Go here and grab my randomiser.py file that my tech savy friend created, it's going to do the shuffling :D

10) Now... drag and drop the folder that you want shuffled onto the 'randomiser.py' file, you will notice it shuffles all the files randomly and has now added 0001 0002 0003 etc etc to the beginning of each file :)

11) Even better is you can keep dragging and dropping the file multiple times and it will continue to randomize each time!

That's it basically.

I don't own a Alien Shozy, but I'm very close to pulling the trigger and grabbing one, but I'm very forward thinking about how I might adapt a screenless non shuffling non resume type player to my needs.
Yes it's nice to be 'forced' to listen to albums all the way through etc, but to be honest how I use my DAPs most of the time is to make a playlist (sometimes OTG if the DAP supports it, otherwise on PC) and shuffle it. I do this from day to day depending upon what mood I'm in each day etc.
This process outlined above basically should do what I want. One folder, all the files in it, shuffled randomly and then hit play. Once finished with the DAP I'm aware you can't resume where you left off (or can you?), so that's where the drag and drop the folder a second time onto the randomiser.py file comes in, you can keep shuffling to yer hearts content.

I can't see how any of this won't work, I tested Amok with FLAC and it worked, I just haven't tested with WAV files yet, but the script is set to do it with WAVs too (it just might be Amok that can't copy the WAV files... I dunno).

I'm thinking about placing my hands on a really fast microsd card as well and see just how fast Amok can copy files onto the card (the randomiser should be fairly quick).

Lemme know if anyone has a go and what yer results are.

Cheers,

Bruce

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #567 of 3,124
Sounds great...can't try it for a while since on holidays and forgot the cable at home

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #568 of 3,124
A few complaints:

1. The often mentioned repeat song bug when you skip too many songs
2. Extremely annoying that this DAC doesn't support gapless play 

3. I don't know if anyone wants to experiment with this but I think it's relatively safe as long as you aren't too aggressive...

One the male end of your cable is inserted into the jack of the Alien, hold the hand of the male end and tip the section of it that is closest to the female end towards the "back" of the DAC. You will notice that you lose signal to your left earphone. I almost ended up returning my cables because I thought it was the reason for this, but it's actually the Alien. I came across this issue when simply placing the DAC on a table while it is turned on and listening to music. A slight nuisance, especially for those using a straight end instead of a right angled end

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #569 of 3,124
  A few complaints:

1. The often mentioned repeat song bug when you skip too many songs
2. Extremely annoying that this DAC doesn't support gapless play 

3. I don't know if anyone wants to experiment with this but I think it's relatively safe as long as you aren't too aggressive...

One the male end of your cable is inserted into the jack of the Alien, hold the hand of the male end and tip the section of it that is closest to the female end towards the "back" of the DAC. You will notice that you lose signal to your left earphone. I almost ended up returning my cables because I thought it was the reason for this, but it's actually the Alien. I came across this issue when simply placing the DAC on a table while it is turned on and listening to music. A slight nuisance, especially for those using a straight end instead of a right angled end

That can be explained by a loosen soldering joint LOL, if you continue to do that few times that may be completely broken

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #570 of 3,124
So yours doesn't do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back