A little about the Shozy Alien
Apr 15, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #1,711 of 3,124
I'm enjoying the Pervasion, but the Alien is still the most engaging portable I've ever heard.

I find it depends on the pairing.

For me, Hum Pervasion brings better synergy with ASG-2. Being a little on the warm / thick side I don't feel Alien brings enough aggression or detail with the Aurisonics, like the sound is labouring to some extent (possibly slight lack of driving power). Hum on the other hand, basically reveals more detail with ASG-2 and provides more omph to the earpieces. Neither sound bad though Hum is a better match for that earphone.

On the other hand, when you place Fidue A83 with Hum Pervasion that aggression or edginess is almost too much, that's where Alien is near perfect for the Fidue.

Really a case of synergy and tonality / driving power matching.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,712 of 3,124
Does anyone have manual for the alien? Or instructions about the different lights? Thanks

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,714 of 3,124
Apr 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,716 of 3,124
Thanks! My light is blue and green and the files are all wav but there's no sound. Would it be a card problem?

well if there is no charge the sound will stutter but anyway trying playing while charging.

Try reconverting one song from wav to flac or to wav, i had same problem with some flacs not working, i reconverted them using dbpoweramp.

And at last may be reformat sd to fat 32 and try again.

but i think reconverting them might work well.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #1,717 of 3,124
Cool, am old school in audio. Home high gear. I thought that the audio source such as cd or dap should have the biggest budget>amp >speakers.
But in head-fi.org for sound quality
Headphone or ciem has the biggest budget then amp and dap last.
I'm confused here...

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,718 of 3,124
Coming from the Hippo Biscuit, I don't get why the Alien couldn't have the same button presses which make more sense. The biscuit is one press for the middle button for pause or hold a few seconds to turn the player off. I'm pretty sure one day on the Alien I'll end up blowing my hearing if I accidentally press the off button and press it on again since its one press only.... And its funny how holding the volume up button is pause. Why not pausing using volume down at least? 
rolleyes.gif
 On the bright side, the sound is good 
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #1,719 of 3,124
  Coming from the Hippo Biscuit, I don't get why the Alien couldn't have the same button presses which make more sense. The biscuit is one press for the middle button for pause or hold a few seconds to turn the player off. I'm pretty sure one day on the Alien I'll end up blowing my hearing if I accidentally press the off button and press it on again since its one press only.... And its funny how holding the volume up button is pause. Why not pausing using volume down at least? 
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

i don't think you could get surprised by on and off with the Alien, the launch time is sufficiently long to be aware that you had the wrong button….But for what it's, i never start the Alien with the phones in my ear but always before putting them in

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,720 of 3,124
  Thanks! My light is blue and green and the files are all wav but there's no sound. Would it be a card problem?

Most of the time the issue with not playing files is wrong tagging 

try to find yourself with clear and simple tags, it makes a huge difference, also on the speed of reading and launching. i've got a almost full 64gb sd inside with only songs, no album files, and starting times is less than 10 seconds 

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #1,721 of 3,124
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Just a bit different than the Biscuit you've become accustom to. Give it some time, Alien will win your heart. :wink:

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #1,722 of 3,124
Anyone got any suggestions for a dap that happily takes 128gb cards and sounds as good as the alien?

I am after something and god knows I am the biggest fan of the alien but 128gb of music on it would be my worst nightmare And not why I use the player.

I will stick to 16gb at a time on my alien lol.

Just looking at alternatives for work so I don't have to use my work laptop, which runs queries so from time to time can get a but slow a d well, I like my music in time lol

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,723 of 3,124
Anyone got any suggestions for a dap that happily takes 128gb cards and sounds as good as the alien?

I am after something and god knows I am the biggest fan of the alien but 128gb of music on it would be my worst nightmare And not why I use the player.

Just looking at alternatives for work so I don't have to use my work laptop, which runs queries so from time to time can get a but slow a d well, I like my music in time lol

IB4T AK240 suggestions!

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,725 of 3,124

Check out the HUM Pervasion. It sounds a bit different to the Alien (a little less organic), but it's very very good and only $300-400 (not sure exact pricing). It has a single slot which would accept 128Gb FAT32 cards and runs Android so very flexible OS / player options and features

Users who are viewing this thread

Back