A letter from Dr. Xin
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #46 of 67
Xin no longer answers my emails. He appears to have severed all ties. I was concerned at one time and was able to contact a neighbor who saw him all the time and said he was fine. Why he has done what he has, in anyone's guess. He still keeps his fixup.net site going, so he is paying for it but why, I don't know. I just went there yesterday and it just feels odd, like I am visiting something dead and strangely, I get claustrophobic and come back here or do some work. Yes, we used to correspond all the time and we have dined together and shared some good talk but much stranger things have happened in this world of ours. Maybe someday, after all, there's always hope. lol

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #47 of 67
I got this message fron Xin Feng today
A package was shipped to you on 04/13/2011 via U.S. Postal Service First-Class to the following address: I sent my supermini iv to him a long time ago to fix wow Im getting it back thanks

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #48 of 67
Quote:
I sent my supermini iv to him a long time ago to fix wow Im getting it back thanks

how long ago did you send it to him?

Apr 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #49 of 67
At this point there's really no excuse.  Even some bizarre health situation should be explained at this point instead of randomly fixing an amp every 3 months with no other contact.  The only excuse I can think of is if he was abducted by aliens and they are probing his brain and using his customer contacts to send miniature space ships out all over the world disguised as amplifiers.

in which case I hope Fox Maulder has a file labeled "Xin" in his drawer.

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #50 of 67
You think? 

That would explain a lot. 

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #52 of 67

Quote:
I also received the email from Xin wanted to know whether that I wanted Reference amp that I ordered few years back. I have my doubt but I guess I am willing to give a chance by ordering this amp. I will let everyone know if I do receive the amp. Xin had my old credit info but got never charged anyway since the amp never got shipped. Call me old fool,,, oh well.

Whatever happen to this order?  It was posted on 11/8/2010.  He should have it by now.  If not it is another scam.

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #53 of 67
Whatever happen to this order?  It was posted on 11/8/2010.  He should have it by now.  If not it is another scam.

The Ibasso products trump Xins stuff there is no reason to waste your time with this guy if he even exists. Sorry but I ordered a Xin amp along time ago and never received it if he was a serious business he would hire a few people fill all the orders and
make things right.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #54 of 67
I thought of selling my supermacro a week ago as I've been using D10+sysconcept+iriver the past year. I prematurely posted an IC on the sale forum, and got some ridiculous offers (monstrous offers!). In the process, I decided to check that the amp was working and ended up listening for hours and hours as I've rediscovered the warmth sound.

Needless to say, I've reconsidered my post and decided to keep supermacro 4 along with my sr71, d10 and supermini. It's difficult to describe the sound and convenience (It's ABC for those that has experience) of a supermacro unless one has tested it. I consider this  a special gadget along with denon dcp100..

I feel for those who ordered and never got one.. but to be honest, it takes a giant leap for the rest to trump this one..

it's been fun lurking since 2003 and how head-fi has changed.. i remember the days when a simple choice was between a ray samuels and xin's product.. kinda regret my decision to pass on the supermicro versions.. ahh well.. my supermacro will do..

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #55 of 67

Quote:
I thought of selling my supermacro a week ago as I've been using D10+sysconcept+iriver the past year. I prematurely posted an IC on the sale forum, and got some ridiculous offers (monstrous offers!). In the process, I decided to check that the amp was working and ended up listening for hours and hours as I've rediscovered the warmth sound.

Needless to say, I've reconsidered my post and decided to keep supermacro 4 along with my sr71, d10 and supermini. It's difficult to describe the sound and convenience (It's ABC for those that has experience) of a supermacro unless one has tested it. I consider this  a special gadget along with denon dcp100..

I feel for those who ordered and never got one.. but to be honest, it takes a giant leap for the rest to trump this one..

it's been fun lurking since 2003 and how head-fi has changed.. i remember the days when a simple choice was between a ray samuels and xin's product.. kinda regret my decision to pass on the supermicro versions.. ahh well.. my supermacro will do..

agree. I sold pretty much of all my amps (including sr71, sr71a) except Supermicro, fi.quest and D10. Xin producst just seems to have that magical warmth touch to the sound which i can't find in other amps

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #56 of 67
I would love to hear from him but no reply. I remember when I ordered my first amp from his I sent him a email and said I do not know what a buffer or a op amp was so maybe he could help me make a decision on what to do. He laughed on the other side of the phone and in his broken English he said "U take stock and when U upgrade you will know the difference. Until U know U waste money. So I bought 2 of everything he made. Since service could take a year at that time I would all ways have a working amp. I never got my 2nd reference but I do not think anyone feels for me. I also have thought of selling out his inventory. I have a eardrum replacement and I have to use 2 amps, one for the right and one for the left. Ken made me the cables. I compared my SM4maxed pair to my 71b last night and the Xins are very very special. They made my DX1000 sound just as good as Rays amp but they still had the Xin sweet spot which does not exist anywhere but Xin. If someone has a reference out there to sell I am open. Got 2 SM4Maxed, 2 Mini4Maxed,2 Micro. but only one Reference. Life is so incomplete. Best Regards Gary

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #57 of 67
The thing is, is that there are several versions of the Reference and so the sound goes though you might not be able to detect a great difference as it is subtle 

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #58 of 67
The differences are indeed interesting. I have teamed many different amps just to see what it would sound like. If you are a real neurotic audiophile it could make you crazy. I am a bit more relaxed and sometimes it reminded me of live stage when some musicians are on Fender on the left and others are on Vox on the right. Same stage different sounds. I grew quite fond of a HR Micro with a ZenHead. This was real good listening.  You would think that a iQube and a Reference would be a crazy match but they mixed with a refreshing sound. Right now I like my dual 71a's as much as my 71b but there is not a very close sound signature at all. Listening to the two setups on a A/B you wouldn't think they were both made by the same guy. 

May 9, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #60 of 67
Indeed. Whether it really is Xin or not, would you go ahead and order from someone who has taken years to even reply to your order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back