A JOURNEY INTO VINYL
Dec 26, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #16 of 128
But digital still had that “something missing”

Yes, THIS!

But lately I realized that the missing part is the “inner resolution intensity”. In analog recordings and on an LP with a good system, or Reel, you can always spot this “specific unique intensity” from within each instrument timbres and within it body. This renders each instruments to have it own uniqueness that can not be confused by other of similar kinds, even similar kinds with different artists would have this distinctions.

The distinctions is so real that as much as the pitch perfect spot, of which you can tell player A and player B apart when blind testing the same instruments and phrase.

Agreed. Especially that bit about timbres and body. So completely true.

Money ?
oh yeah, I remember that ... 🙄

ROFL

The great times was the finds. It’s like fishing or gemstone mining. I even lost friends due to going record shopping with them and then finding some record one foot away from them that they had been looking for for 15 years. Yep, I refused to give it to them.

But records are just that.......an experience. The collecting, the care, the cleaning.

HAHAHA, good find on the record, #Worth!
And yes, vinyl listening has became just that for me, an experience.

Oh the card, cleaning, rituals are all pretty much the reasons why digital is taking over on top of some more reasons

Correct, as i noted in my writeup, it can be a chore for alot of ppl, hell i dont particularly like cleaning either, but man what i hear as a result is so worth it.
When digital is finally able to capture this magic it would be great, but being able to transfer old analog stuff perfectly into whatever digital becomes is going to be a challenge i think. Time will tell I guess.

Until then, ima enjoy vinyl :D

Dec 26, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #17 of 128
I now, finally can enjoy digital as the music “daily driver” as the “something missing” is reduced enough not to be a constant annoyance,
Vinyl reserved for those special listening sessions where there’s time to spare, comfortable chair, a good tobacco in the pipe, and a single malt on the side table ....

Dec 26, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #18 of 128
I now, finally can enjoy digital as the music “daily driver” as the “something missing” is reduced enough not to be a constant annoyance,
Vinyl reserved for those special listening sessions where there’s time to spare, comfortable chair, a good tobacco in the pipe, and a single malt on the side table ....

What's you digital source atm?

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #19 of 128
What's you digital source atm?
Cambridge CXC Transport plus a dedicated purpose built PC ... Chord MScaler .. Chord Qutest DAC ... digital cables are all Nordost Blue Heaven
then onto the Pre/power the same as the analogue side ..
all content on the PC is 16/44 ripped versions of my CD collection for easy access ..
might as well add the rest of the system ...
CJ CT6 pre / modded McCormack DNA 225 power ... Sonus Faber Cremona M speakers,
Nordost Heimdall interconnects and Frey speaker cables ..
currently using Quad ERA-1 headphones with my trusty Eximus DP1 as a headphone amp
until the new Icon Audio HP8 gets here .... any day now hopefully ...

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #20 of 128
Until then, ima enjoy vinyl :D

You calling me? :slight_smile:

I hear you. I still enjoy my vinyl on the stereo system a lot. It's a different feel. Same way as I prefer tube amps to solid state, I prefer vinyl to digital but throw convenience in the equation and then it's a different story for me. :slight_smile:

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #21 of 128
You calling me? :slight_smile:

I hear you. I still enjoy my vinyl on the stereo system a lot. It's a different feel. Same way as I prefer tube amps to solid state, I prefer vinyl to digital but throw convenience in the equation and then it's a different story for me. :slight_smile:

lol, and yes, I too prefer tubes over solid state.

and yes, digital cannot be beat for convenience and other things like listening to an album and roon radio automatically playing similar music that can lead to discovering new music u may like etc. Digital will have its place in my listening regardless, but yea, when I'm ready to sit down with a glass of wine and just enjoy music, vinyl is where it's at.

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #22 of 128
Digital will have its place in my listening regardless, but yea, when I'm ready to sit down with a glass of wine and just enjoy music, vinyl is where it's at.

Nail it. I'll raise my glass to you tonight while playing my LPs. Hopefully I won't damage the Apheta cartridge after several glasses of wine. :slight_smile:

My LPs are all new. I'm starting from scratch but I buy only LPs that I really love the songs. It's about 300 in total now but they are gleaming new. They have to stay that way haha.

Dec 26, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #25 of 128
My lounge and music room. :)

IMG-2585.JPG

Dec 26, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #27 of 128
My lounge and music room. :)

IMG-2585.JPG
ouuu, very nice. that's my next project, dedicated music room for speaker listening. hoping to have that ready by next Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back