A head-fier owes me $1000+ and couldn't (/wouldn't) pay me back..
Jun 9, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #76 of 151
Who's reputation are we talking about?

I for one Do Not wish to speculate or figure out who we are talking about.

So "Some Ones" Reputation is in doubt- Who I don't know but it's definately been stated that "Some Ones" Reputation is in doubt.

Mitch

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #77 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No.. you can't i just tried this

Let's just say not everyone puts down their location properly..

I'm sorry if you think you're being held hostage, but if you're really all that concerned and you are buying something from a guy in CT, feel free to PM me

Maybe it was a bad idea to give out any details at all. Just give me a few hours to sort this out, he's thinking of outing himself

My bad...I figured since you provided the "CT", that was the actual location of this person...not Connecticut or Conn or some other derivation of the word.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, this always cracks me up. Anytime this situation pops up everyone just wants to know who the person is. It amazes me at the depths at which people will search to find out who you're talking about. You'd think some of these people would have better things to do.
rolleyes.gif

Inquiring minds want to know.
rolleyes.gif
As for the depths that I took to search for this person, it amounted to less than one minute. To me, one minute is worthwhile to spend trying to locate someone who has done what this person has done.

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #78 of 151
Ewwweeee! We's gots ourselves a linchin.

Wouldn't this be better handled with a mod/admin? If HF wanted to out the thief, they cound deal with some authority and should the outee not participate, put a front page add on HF with a ban. After all, this is a forum not owned or ran by the victim.

OF course it would be nice not to have to resort to such measures. I can see someone getting into trouble financially, but this is a matter of honor among ourselves. Can't pay, can't play.

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #79 of 151
I just wanted to add not only did he rip off jdimitri, he turned me into a newt.

Jun 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #83 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to add not only did he rip off jdimitri, he turned me into a newt.

I assume you got better?

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #84 of 151
IT's ME!

First of all there are two sides to every story, With that said JDIMITRI has the right to do as he wishes in regard to making public announcements on a private transaction. In fact this transaction was made via email and did not involve Head-Fi in any way. (So much for the lynching!)

Simply put I owe JDIMITRI money. I publicly take full responsibility and have made commitments to him to cover any debt owed as well as any fees. If you all are looking for a crook that's not me and many here would say the same.

I have flawless feedback here at Head-Fi and that should speak to my character. if you choose to not trust me due to a single transaction gone bad then that is the gangs choice.

The circumstances of the situation are unfortunate but I assure all that it will be rectified and made Whole 110%

This is all I will say on this subject.

OK back to slaying that cheating person!
smily_headphones1.gif

Have Mercy!

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #87 of 151
Redshifter,

The man made no ownership about a newting. Could you have been mistaken? I ask knowing full well when one is newted, you remember.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #88 of 151
Well that wasn't a very convincing argument. Your feedback is flawless because the OP hasn't had the gumption to speak out in your feedback thread. And your feedback doesn't have much to do with the specifics of this transaction.

So, why didn't you send the OP his Zune?

Why haven't you made some effort to pay something, even if it is a small good faith payment?

Why does the OP say you ignored him until this thread?

Why after making him wait so long, are you stringing him along for another 30 days? Why can't you make small payment to show you are acting in good faith?

In short, what is your side of the story? Is the fact that the transaction took place outside of headfi really your only defense? Is that seriously the best you can do? Out of all the ways to defend yourself, that's what you go with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IT's ME!

First of all there are two sides to every story, With that said JDIMITRI has the right to do as he wishes in regard to making public announcements on a private transaction. In fact this transaction was made via email and did not involve Head-Fi in any way. (So much for the lynching!)

Simply put I owe JDIMITRI money. I publicly take full responsibility and have made commitments to him to cover any debt owed as well as any fees. If you all are looking for a crook that's not me and many here would say the same.

I have flawless feedback here at Head-Fi and that should speak to my character. if you choose to not trust me due to a single transaction gone bad then that is the gangs choice.

The circumstances of the situation are unfortunate but I assure all that it will be rectified and made Whole 110%

This is all I will say on this subject.

OK back to slaying that cheating person!
smily_headphones1.gif

Have Mercy!

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #90 of 151
I have several expensive hobbies and in each one of them have seen individuals sell their honor for surprisingly cheap prices.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen here. If you can't trust a man with money you can't trust him on anything. Ever.

The harder it is to pay a debt, the more important it is that it be paid.

Regards, James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back