A great way to clean your IEM eartips
Mar 23, 2008 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

simpleworld

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, don't know if this has been posted before but I recently started cleaning my Etymotic tips with Hydrogen peroxide. I would assume it will work with any brands tips too. Basically, I just soak them in a bit of H2O2 overnight.
This works especially well with the foam tips since it really penetrates and cleans them out good. After a good soak, the peroxide turns cloudy and your tips will be clean like new!

Try it out!

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 16
Is it safe with foam tips like the Shure olives? Ive been looking for a good way to clean them because whenever I wash them under water they seem to lose their memory and then become all spongy (Ive been through a few pairs because of this).

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 16
Well, I've done it several times with both my tri-flange tips and my foam tips.

Cleaning will return the foam tips to their original cylinder shape so you have to wear them for a bit to get them back to the shape of your ear canal. I believe the H2O2 works much better than water because it actually pulls out all the earwax and debris from the inside of the foam and leaves them looking and feeling like new.

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone, don't know if this has been posted before but I recently started cleaning my Etymotic tips with Hydrogen peroxide. I would assume it will work with any brands tips too. Basically, I just soak them in a bit of H2O2 overnight.
This works especially well with the foam tips since it really penetrates and cleans them out good. After a good soak, the peroxide turns cloudy and your tips will be clean like new!

Try it out!

Thanks for the information.

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #10 of 16
cool tip. just make sure it's all off before you put it in yer ears, or you'll have blonde bits round your ears :p

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 16
Just remember that hydrogen peroxide eventually turns into water when left to sit in the open. Don't soak for too long or it will be the same as washing the tips with water! The advantage of peroxide is that it dissolves ear wax.

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 16
yep, do this with my ety's.

Oct 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #15 of 16
COOL TIP !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back