A good amp for the Sony Mh1c's?
Nov 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

todd92371

100+ Head-Fier
Was wondering if anyone has had any good experience with a portable amp with their Sony's? I am looking for something around 100 dollars or so. I run them out of a Sansa Fuze. I am really having to turn the volume up on this guy to drive them. They are harder to drive than my ety's.

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 17
I also find the MH1C to be "barely" able to be driven off my Samsung Galaxy S 4G and the HF5s being "easy" by comparison.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-1-amps-compared may provide some insights in the sub-$100 range. An E17 can sometimes be found used for ~$100 and around $140 new and might be worth considering as well, especially if you intend to run off USB power.

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 17
Thanks.
I was looking at the E11 and read about this one in that comparison thread. My only concern is that it apparently has a warmer signature. That concerns me pairing up with the already warm IEM? Any one use this combination and is happy with it?

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 17
Thanks.
I was looking at the E11 and read about this one in that comparison thread. My only concern is that it apparently has a warmer signature. That concerns me pairing up with the already warm IEM? Any one use this combination and is happy with it?

It will be fine. :smile:

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 17
In perhaps more words, The MH1C is a great sounding little headset, but it is "entry-level" sound. The differences in good-quality amps is relatively small and you're unlikely to consider them very significant using an inexpensive headphone to listen to them. When you do decide to step up to headphones that can more easily resolve the differences (they're still not big), the E11 has good resale value if you decide you want to try a different amp as well.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #6 of 17
"Entry level sound". :) Dont agree with this at all. I prefer them over my er4p's and alot of others prefer them over their more expensive heaphones. It is so subjective though. My search for IEM's and phones is over after these. I have 2 extra pair in the closet. :) Happy listening.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #9 of 17
The fiio e11 is around 50 if you look around. I have a site that listed them at that price. But, I'm assuming I can't name that site on here. I googled them and under shopping found them for around 50 bucks.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 17
e11 typically runs $50 on Amazon, with one seller adding in another battery and a charger for a little bit more.
e17 has dipped to under $115 in the last few days on Amazon as well

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #15 of 17
Will it improve audio quality GREATLY? Will the E11 have a substantial difference compared to the E6?

it will give you more power, more bass using the EQ settings, possible advantage in soundstage and dynamics. But overall not really. :xf_eek:

Yes, certainly E11 is the better amp, more power, better features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back